The Unspoken

Discussion on the 2015 Halloween Event
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

The Unspoken

Post by jonbly »

5/10 (or 2/10 if you have a heart condition) - Agh, it's a creaky door! Agh, it's a marble! Agh, it's a cat! I don't know what's supposed to be scary anymore! Agh, it's a minor character snapped in two with exactly the same scare level as the cat!

FFS...
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: The Unspoken

Post by danthsmith »

This was a complete mess (although I liked the dead dog puppet bit). The loud noises were ridiculously over done and you knew when one was about to happen every time. if the only way to achieve a scare is the equivalent of bursting a paper bag next to someones ear then you are in the wrong business. Still it was the first home invasion, poltergeist, creepy kid, alien invasion mashup so thats a first. I think the ending arose from a brainstorming session where they had to come up with a solution to all the crap happening so far and get it don in under 90 minutes. You might have just about gort away with it if we had realised it had been cleverly signposted earlier but nothing...
To see how this stuff should be done the "House at the End of Time" was a beautiful and heartbreaking sci-fi ghost mashup that pulled all the threads together in a wrenching and well thought out way that made total sense. Check that one out if you missed it last year
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2640474/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

I liked the opening sequence on this, and it did have a good atmosphere in places. However, this was undone by way too many telegraphed loud jump scares, no rules whatsoever, the ridiculous exposition scene at the end and ludicrous final shot.

Ah well, the dead dog and nails kills were good.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

This wasn't bad a at all... a good take on the haunted house story. Liked the jumpy bits and the kid in it was awesome... creepy looking kids always are needed! I liked the ending too tho the bond style "reveal" probably was done in a bit too obvious way
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I quite liked this. It had good atmosphere even with the cheap jump scares. The Few gory scenes were very well done. I really could have done without that dreadful exposition scene at the end though. I would have been happier with it ending exactly the way it began.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime