Belly of the Bulldog

Discussion on the 2015 Halloween Event
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Belly of the Bulldog

Post by jonbly »

6/10 - Not badly made on a presumably light budget, but scuppered by the fact that we've no idea how much of what we saw actually happened. Think Lost. In a bad way.
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Belly of the Bulldog

Post by danthsmith »

It had some very slack moments due to the limited space but had some vision about it but you are right, going back what did they see? What about the bodies in the shed? How badly injured was his leg? Not too bad as he was dancing on the tank. I liked it though. Probably best of a lacklustre day
Oswald Cobblepot
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Oswald Cobblepot »

The Q&A made me like this more than actually watching the film.

I appreciate the mystery aspect, but I think we needed a tiny bit more information to go on to actually gain some enjoyment from watching it. I found it quite hard work that we had no idea what was going on from the first shot and trying to make sense of it was more irritating than intriguing. Maybe going back and rewatching it would improve matters.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Agree...the Q&A filled in a lot of questions for me. I like the way the film was shot and how it was portrayed but was left a little confused by it al, untill the Q&A.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

It was apparent that the threat posed by the "monsters" wasn't real so it seemed clear that what we were seeing wasn't the whole story. As the Q&A revealed, I'm sure the director and writer(s) had it all carefully planned out so the orange powder/drug, the boxes of files etc made perfect sense, so repeat viewings might be worthwhile.

But watching for the first time, there really wasn't enough to maintain interest. Just an hour of six people in a metal box saying "fuck" a lot followed by a some slightly gratuitous showboating from Michael Smiley. A little pretentious and really quite boring.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I didn't enjoy this at all. A totally misleading poster a 10 minute script stretched long past the point of being entertaining. I could see all the orange dust spilled everywhere throughout the film, so were they taking it or using it to decorate the english countryside. It was the worst military drug created, it even made them incapable of opening a tank door.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime