I Spit on Your Grave III: Vengeance is Mine

Discussion on the 2015 Halloween Event
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

I Spit on Your Grave III: Vengeance is Mine

Post by ChrisReynolds »

In a day where all the films felt low-grade, this was probably my favourite. I liked the 2010 I Spit on Your Grave remake, and hated the sequel which just rehashed the story very badly in Bulgaria.

This thankfully does away with protracted scenes of rape and concentrates on delivering a dramatic story of vengeance. It has more in common with Death Wish and Ms. 45 than previous ISOYG films. Unfortunately it's Death Wish-quality rather than Ms. 45. Sarah Butler gives a good lead performance, and that blowjob scene of gory vengeance was truly amazing, but it needed more action, or a better script, to be a properly good film.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: I Spit on Your Grave III: Vengeance is Mine

Post by greenzombidog »

This was probably my favourite too. It Was a good direction to take the series in. There were some really wince inducing scenes in this one and I thought Sarah Butler did a great job in the lead.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: I Spit on Your Grave III: Vengeance is Mine

Post by The Soapmaker »

I'm always a little uncomfortable about rape-revenge movies, it's a tricky subject to turn into crowd-pleasing entertainment.... but then you can skirt round some of the debatable aspects by just making the protagonist batshit crazy. Ignoring all that stuff, it worked well enough and was certainly a vast improvement on the previous sequel.