FrightFest has a new home for 2016

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

FrightFest has a new home for 2016

Post by iomega »

It’s time to get you up to speed with what’s going to happen in August this year. Building work continues on Leicester Square and now our much-loved hub for the past two years is about to experience some extensive maintenance, so as a viable venue for FrightFest 2016 it is out of the frame. VUE management has magnificently rallied round and offered us a two-year deal meaning we can use another of their establishments this August with the option of returning to the VUE West End once the work is done.

After considering many VUE multiplexes in the inner London area offered as alternatives, we decided the 12-auditoria establishment in Shepherd’s Bush would not only fit our demanding bill, but give us a whole new raft of exciting opportunities to expand all the core FrightFest entertainment values.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: FrightFest has a new home for 2016

Post by mamawaldi »

On a purely selfish note, as it is my local multiplex I couldn't be more delighted ! But generally, there is a big lobby area, all screens are on one level and there are loads of places to eat and drink nearby. I'm sure it'll work fine.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Are there still going to be multiple "main screens"? Or are we returning to everyone being together?
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
benj
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by benj »

Also interested to hear how this will work regarding main screens.

Looks like only one of the screens at Shep's Bush (http://www.myvue.com/cinemas/facilities ... herds-bush) seats as many as any of those we had at the West End (http://www.myvue.com/cinemas/facilities ... ter-square) so unless there's going to be less weekend tickets made available there'll need to be more than 3 Main screens.

Put me down as another one happy with the new location though- I work just down the road in Hammersmith so there'll be no rushing to make the Thursday night screenings for once :)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

So much to figure out...

But my main question is why the twitter handle is now @FrightFestReal - are Film 4 backing away for this?
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

As above - looking forward to hearing more about how it's going to work given the smaller screens at the Bush (I'm guessing we'll need to spread out over 4 or 5 screens rather than three), but on the whole I'm really excited and happy about the move.

It will be good to get away from Leicester Sq.

FWIW - I had been discussing where FF would go if it were to move from Leicester Sq last year with a couple of FrightFesters (had no idea this was actually going to be a thing, was just casual beer talk). We thought we might end up at the VUE Finchley Road (given it has a large-ish main screen and has been used for the odd premiere now and again).
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

Looking forward to this...great location especially for food and drink too. Just gotta wait and see how the screen set up is going to be
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Well, I'm screwed... booked my accomodation on Leicester Square months ago.
PaulB
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by PaulB »

Hi Jonbly, You're not alone. We and other FrightFest friends booked the Covent Garden Travelodge months ago as it was a good price for the weekend. Maybe those of us staying in the city centre can organise a taxi share if there are no buses/tubes running :D

We were keenly aware that FrightFesters were already booking hotels, so got this info out as soon as we could. It was late January by the time it was confirmed that the West End was not going to happen. In your case, Holburn tube is just around the corner from your hotel on the central line, right to Shepherds Bush. I know not it's perfect for you, but we had no choice to move and none of the other cinemas on Leicester Square work for us anymore. Once the maintenance is done, we can move back.
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

PaulB wrote:Hi Jonbly, You're not alone. We and other FrightFest friends booked the Covent Garden Travelodge months ago as it was a good price for the weekend. Maybe those of us staying in the city centre can organise a taxi share if there are no buses/tubes running :D
An Über back to Covent Garden from the VUE Shepherd's Bush should cost around £12-£15 - so split 3 or 4 ways will hopefully be viable.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

You can't expect one Über güy to murder all four of us, though... he'd be hacking away all night!
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

jonbly wrote:You can't expect one Über güy to murder all four of us, though... he'd be hacking away all night!
Can you fit an entire Toyota Prius into a woodchipper? Would solve the problem :)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Loftus Road near by - should be fun if its a QPR home game.

And I'm not being negative, I'm looking forward to this as I usually do.
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

TheDukeAbides wrote:Loftus Road near by - should be fun if its a QPR home game.

And I'm not being negative, I'm looking forward to this as I usually do.
Nah - it'll be fine (and I am a QPR fan). We'll all be tucked up in a screen while any matches are on (potentially could be games Saturday and Monday), and these days most of the pre-match drinking and dining activity is pulled more towards Westfield and the Uxbridge Road.
Gorehound
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Gorehound »

Surprised and excited about this news!
Only just got into full swing with the whole Leicester square thing after going for 2 full days last year (and loving it)
2016 will be my first all weekender and now i get to try out a different venue as well!
Just so glad that all involved seem to know exactly what all frightfesters (is that what a group of frightest attendees are called???) deserve and expect and i`m sure will deliver as always.

Keep up the great work and ill see you in the summer

Lewis :geek:
"He`ll forgive them.He will forgive them and allow them into heaven, I cant live with that" :geek:
Twitter: zombieslew