FrightFest has a new home for 2016

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: FrightFest has a new home for 2016

Post by DJBenz »

bluefrown wrote:Hey Ian,

Sorry if this has been mentioned and addressed elsewhere - is there a booking fee this year?

I'm buying tickets for a couple of other people so would be handy to know.

Cheers.
Ian said on Facebook it would be 2.5% as opposed to 5% last year.
mightysparks
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mightysparks »

The toilet discussion amuses me (as a female). I went to FrightFest at Empire in 2013 and it was the only place I'd ever been to where there was no queue for the women's toilets but a queue for the men's :lol:
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

mightysparks wrote:The toilet discussion amuses me (as a female). I went to FrightFest at Empire in 2013 and it was the only place I'd ever been to where there was no queue for the women's toilets but a queue for the men's :lol:
You were lucky then, I recall seeing both queues out of the doors and into the lobby on many occasions. :)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Can someone used to the London Underground charging system confirm something for me please...

Simply; is the cheapest price for a 7-day travel card (Zone 1-2) - £32.40 or is there a cheaper alternative?

This merely factors in to the accomodation scenario, the above price to get back and forth to High Holborne as many times as I wish to in the time I'm there would still be marginally cheaper than getting accomodation in Shepherd's Bush.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

DJBenz wrote:
mightysparks wrote:The toilet discussion amuses me (as a female). I went to FrightFest at Empire in 2013 and it was the only place I'd ever been to where there was no queue for the women's toilets but a queue for the men's :lol:
You were lucky then, I recall seeing both queues out of the doors and into the lobby on many occasions. :)
With regardst the men's, always best to ask a few people in front if they are in line for the cubicles.

In fact a two line system is always best policy but seldom few wish to instigate it.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

You seem to have the cheapest option. I can't see another that would work. I would check if there is an off peak ticket though. They allow travel after 9.30 am and at any time on bank holidays and weekends
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

TheDukeAbides wrote:
DJBenz wrote:
With regardst the men's, always best to ask a few people in front if they are in line for the cubicles.

In fact a two line system is always best policy but seldom few wish to instigate it.
I propose a system based on surveying the queue and assessing average wipes, previous day's food intake and average stool length to determine queue order for toilets.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Will you be keeping a log book?
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

TheDukeAbides wrote:Can someone used to the London Underground charging system confirm something for me please...

Simply; is the cheapest price for a 7-day travel card (Zone 1-2) - £32.40 or is there a cheaper alternative?
As an out-of-towner I find buying an Oyster card and sticking £20 on it lasts me ages. Not sure I fully understand the charging system, but it's a lot cheaper than individual tickets.
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

there's no need to buy a 7 day card - if you use contactless payment it will cost £6.50/day but cap at £32.40 a week. (a contactless debit/credit card works the same and gets the same fares as oyster)

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/adult-fares.pdf
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Thanks to all who replied initially.

I was looking at the Oyster/Card charges for individual journeys, considering I like to go back to my room to freshen up/get away from the crowd during each day's films.

So you're saying that going the card route naturally caps off at the 7-day card rate regardless of how many journeys taken?
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

bacchus wrote:
TheDukeAbides wrote:
DJBenz wrote:

I propose a system based on surveying the queue and assessing average wipes, previous day's food intake and average stool length to determine queue order for toilets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_stool_scale
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

TheDukeAbides wrote:So you're saying that going the card route naturally caps off at the 7-day card rate regardless of how many journeys taken?
yes. you scan in and out each day and it will only charge you £6.50 max, then you keep spending £6.50s each day in a 7 day period and it will stop charging you at £32.40.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

ian wrote:
TheDukeAbides wrote:So you're saying that going the card route naturally caps off at the 7-day card rate regardless of how many journeys taken?
yes. you scan in and out each day and it will only charge you £6.50 max, then you keep spending £6.50s each day in a 7 day period and it will stop charging you at £32.40.
Cheers, quite creepy in a way too, though given my trust issues I'm proabably still likely just to buy a paper ticket, with cash.