Accommodation

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Accommodation

Post by MalJutley »

Just to add to this...the London Night Tube will start August 19th. This should help getting around

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36356381
Scrofulous Peasant
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Scrofulous Peasant »

Suzybearking wrote:I've booked the Shepherd's Bush Hilton, not far to walk to the cinema and it's a decent hotel. Plus, you book now and pay when you check in so big bonus there. I was checking out the other hotels and any that are sort of OK weren't much cheaper than the Hilton.
Yes I've booked in here as well. Not stayed at this particular Hilton but their standard is good elsewhere. I always like to be the shortest possible walking distance from the venue so this ticks that box as well. Nice to not be paying West end prices this time around! :)
Suzybearking
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Suzybearking »

Scrofulous Peasant wrote:
Suzybearking wrote:I've booked the Shepherd's Bush Hilton, not far to walk to the cinema and it's a decent hotel. Plus, you book now and pay when you check in so big bonus there. I was checking out the other hotels and any that are sort of OK weren't much cheaper than the Hilton.
Yes I've booked in here as well. Not stayed at this particular Hilton but their standard is good elsewhere. I always like to be the shortest possible walking distance from the venue so this ticks that box as well. Nice to not be paying West end prices this time around! :)
I've never stayed at a Hilton before but got a really good deal and it's a few minutes walk so can't complain, especially as it included breakfast lol
Love life and be nice to each other, unless someone is a dickhead and needs telling they are lol :D :D

@suzy_bear_
mightysparks
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mightysparks »

I booked my hotel before they changed the venue, so I'm staying at Easyhotel South Kensington. I'm coming from Australia so staying there a little longer than just FF and needed something cheap. Annoyingly no longer easy to get to the festival on the tube but there is a bus nearby. It cost me almost £700 for 2 weeks.
Suzybearking
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Suzybearking »

mightysparks wrote:I booked my hotel before they changed the venue, so I'm staying at Easyhotel South Kensington. I'm coming from Australia so staying there a little longer than just FF and needed something cheap. Annoyingly no longer easy to get to the festival on the tube but there is a bus nearby. It cost me almost £700 for 2 weeks.
£700 for 2 weeks in London is brilliant! Are you coming with anyone? Xx
Love life and be nice to each other, unless someone is a dickhead and needs telling they are lol :D :D

@suzy_bear_
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Bloody hell, all the way from Australia. Amazing and I hope it is worth it for you. Come and say hi in August.
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

mightysparks wrote:I booked my hotel before they changed the venue, so I'm staying at Easyhotel South Kensington. I'm coming from Australia so staying there a little longer than just FF and needed something cheap. Annoyingly no longer easy to get to the festival on the tube but there is a bus nearby. It cost me almost £700 for 2 weeks.
Wow, thats some serious mileage and dedication. If I bump into you I'm buying you a drink.
mightysparks
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mightysparks »

Suzybearking wrote:
Coming to London on my own, but I know someone there who is organising my pass etc.

And yes, a long way to go but I went in 2013 while I was living in London and loved it and have been wanting to come back since :D
Suzybearking
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Suzybearking »

mightysparks wrote:
Suzybearking wrote:
Coming to London on my own, but I know someone there who is organising my pass etc.

And yes, a long way to go but I went in 2013 while I was living in London and loved it and have been wanting to come back since :D
Well that's definitely commitment, glad that you had such a good time that you are coming back. I hope you have a great time this time too xx

@suzy_bear_
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Anyone else staying at the St Christopher's Inn hostel next door to Vue?
azrael79
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by azrael79 »

Has anyone stayed at the Kensington Hilton before? Just a couple more minutes walk further away from Vue than the ibis hotel but looks to be slightly cheaper at the moment.
Suzybearking
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Suzybearking »

azrael79 wrote:Has anyone stayed at the Kensington Hilton before? Just a couple more minutes walk further away from Vue than the ibis hotel but looks to be slightly cheaper at the moment.
I'm booked in there, never stayed there but there's loads of really good reviews on Trip Advisor

@suzy_bear_
bacchus
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bacchus »

Coming from Birmingham after having lived in London for the last 8 years and coming to Frightfest for the past 6 years. Literally was one of the highlights of my time in London.

First time going on my own too :roll: but wouldn't miss it for the world.
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

I've stayed at the Hilton Kensington a few times, nice hotel with a good bar that opens late :)

Fun fact - it's the hotel Bob Peck stays at in the BBC version of Edge of Darkness

Worth signing up as a Hilton hhonors member before booking as you might get a better rate - currently showing as £83 per night for the weekend, £89 for non members
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I'm at the Hilton as well. Much cheaper than the IBIS and only a couple of hundred yards from the cinema (useful for cripples like me).

A late bar sounds great, though maybe they don't mean the same by 'late' as a typical Fester does...