Phoenix?

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
mathewxentrix88
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Phoenix?

Post by mathewxentrix88 »

Hi guys,is the Phoenix bar having any involvement this year as Frightfest itself has a new home?.Just wondering as i've had some brilliant nights there after my fill of the films.
If not will the Wetherspoons above the cinema stay open late and will some of the guests/punters be floating around in there?
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Phoenix?

Post by ian »

I am 85% sure the announcement of the move said something about the wetherspoons agreeing to open late.

Edit: yes. Ian mentioned being in talks about it on page 3 of the thread announcing the new venue.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

There will be more info on the social side of the festival very soon so everyone can make plans. The normal Karaoke along with the closing night drinks will be in place so watch this space.
mathewxentrix88
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

ian wrote:I am 85% sure the announcement of the move said something about the wetherspoons agreeing to open late.

Edit: yes. Ian mentioned being in talks about it on page 3 of the thread announcing the new venue.
So is the Wetherspoons staying open late?Some of my mates are still gonna head to the Phoenix otherwise.
Cheers.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

The twitter feed says the Karaoke/Quiz will take place this Wednesday from 7pm @ The Green Shepherds Bush

http://www.greenshepherdsbush.co.uk/

I did enquire about post-last films drinks but that is still being sorted.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

So is the Wetherspoons staying open late?Some of my mates are still gonna head to the Phoenix otherwise.
Cheers.
I think I'm right in saying the Phoenix is normally a private members club, but opens its doors in partnership with Frightfest each year. If it's not the official drinking hole of FF this year, you might struggle to get in as a non-member?
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by STun »

Does anybody know if there's gonna be somewhere to go on Monday for post fest drinks?

Will it be the green pub?
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
mathewxentrix88
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

DJBenz wrote:
Cheers.
I think I'm right in saying the Phoenix is normally a private members club, but opens its doors in partnership with Frightfest each year. If it's not the official drinking hole of FF this year, you might struggle to get in as a non-member?
That is normally the case but my friend knows them well and can get us in any time of the year as long as he phones first.Just so everyone knows-anyone with a Frightfest pass apparently WILL be allowed entry to the Phoenix this year as normal (although obviously it's a bit of a trek).
I'd still like to know if the Wetherspoons is open late for the duration of the fest though!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

mathewxentrix88 wrote:That is normally the case but my friend knows them well and can get us in any time of the year as long as he phones first.
Grand. Just mentioning it in case people turned up and were disappointed.
mathewxentrix88 wrote:Just so everyone knows-anyone with a Frightfest pass apparently WILL be allowed entry to the Phoenix this year as normal (although obviously it's a bit of a trek).
I'd still like to know if the Wetherspoons is open late for the duration of the fest though!
Even grander. I saw mention of this somewhere today, I think it said the Phoenix management were just waiting for the nod from the FF boys but they were happy to host Frightfesters as usual.