Ticket Sales

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
webgnu
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Ticket Sales

Post by webgnu »

Top tip - pre-register on the site before attempting to purchase otherwise there's a chance the tickets will fall into limbo between creating the account and attempting to purchase. (Also feedback for the software devs.)
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

A fair few passes available across all three screens. Even the Horror Channel one, that sold out fastest.
DucDeRichleau
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by DucDeRichleau »

Managed to grab my pass! Hope everyone who missed out first time has been able to get their second chance!
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

it would appear that the initial thought is that passes are sold out...is incorrect.this possibly that people block booked seats and didnt use them..however there still are few and far between
queenb
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by queenb »

AGHHHHHHHHHH just waiting for day passes to be released.... lots of festival passes
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Sounding positive, hope everyone gets what they want soon!
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Got one at last and a good seat too!

Fuck, that was awful.
HeadOnAStick
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by HeadOnAStick »

I'm told some day passes are appearing now.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

queenb wrote:AGHHHHHHHHHH
You're a year late for that movie :)
queenb
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by queenb »

sherbetbizarre wrote:
queenb wrote:AGHHHHHHHHHH
You're a year late for that movie :)
I think I was watching night of the living Deb instead, that's 1 hour 45 mins I'm not getting back...... Same as the day passes I'm waiting for
webgnu
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by webgnu »

Got my day pass - the one I had disappeared while I was creating an account (as a software dev, I have a theory about that) but a friend had me covered - they phoned with finger poised over the final payment button to see if I still needed a ticket within seconds of mine vanishing out of the basket. Turned out the one they had for me was 2 seats along on the same row as the one I'd clicked on so I'm happy with that (I owe them ticket money and a beer).

Bloody hell, that was hard work! Good luck to anyone still looking and to those trying to find developers to shout at (or possibly to invite them to star in a new "don't user play with your phone during the films" trailer!)
bloodlustbarbie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by bloodlustbarbie »

Wow, just thought I'd check back 'just in case' and I'm so happy that more tickets have appeared - after my earlier histrionics I am now a happy bunny as I've got myself a pass in Arrow (G-8). Quite a day! Hope everyone else manages to get something in this second wave or whatever it is.

Can't wait to see you all in August! xxx
JimmyTheZeke
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by JimmyTheZeke »

Wow, I am impressed. This is the first 'surge' ticket booking system I have used which hasn't crashed at some point in the transaction. Year before last was a nightmare.
I sat with my GPS watch, and literally two seconds after midday the site was alive! It was cool (but unnerving) to see the seats disappearing like some sort of 'bash the mole' iPhone game.
I am also heartened to see that many of the people that were initially disappointed, picked up passes later. No one really whinged about the process, and its was these guys that picked up passes. I call that (good) Karma...
argento1977
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by argento1977 »

First and last time I am booking for friends. They forgot today was ticket day and forgot to tell me they could no longer go. They now know what I think about messing myself and fellow Frightfesters around!
Anyway, I now have tickets L18 and L19 in the Arrow screen to sell; either as a pair or individually. PM me if interested.

Thanks.
DucDeRichleau
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by DucDeRichleau »

After the initial alarm of seeing all the tickets disappearing within seconds, right in front of you, this does at least seem to have been a stable system. So glad seats became available again after an hour or so - I really thought I'd missed out this year. Hope everyone's managed to get the tickets they were looking for eventually.