Single tickets

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Single tickets

Post by Critter Egg »

So, my man and I have weekend passes for the Arrow screen but wanted to purchase single tickets for one film in the Splice screen as two films we want to see (in Arrow and Discovery) clash. But there are no single tickets for Splice screen for sale, only the Horror screen. Am I missing something obvious?
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Single tickets

Post by Critter Egg »

So the FrightFest twitter feed is now saying single tickets are only available for the Horror Screen. Did that get announced beforehand anywhere? Really frustrating :(
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
LaidToRest
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by LaidToRest »

I am wanting to buy single tickets for 6.30PM - BEYOND THE GATES
SPLICE MEDIA SCREEN
and 1.30PM - THE WINDMILL MASSACRE ARROW VIDEO SCREEN
cannot get access to buy the tickets why not.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

It would seem that single tickets for main screens are only available for the horror screen and arrow and splice are pass holders only.
We have full passes so i assome it wont affext us, what does bother me is will we be able to get our discovery tickets (free as always ,ie will there still be some set aside for festival pass holders or will it be a free for all.)
we have already had to revise our schedule, not by much but please tell me these mix ups are being sorted out with someone giving decent information, not just letting Ian take the flack, you all work so hard to get this going every year so how come it seems to fall apart when it comes to ticketing.
adeyboy99
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by adeyboy99 »

Not the best experience so far. I expected the server to be slow but tried ordering 2 tickets to the offensive and the screen just kept coming up saying 'payment timed out please try again '. I did it successfully on my phone but after checking my emails, they've charged me twice (4 tickets). I also would like to get tickets for the sadako vs kavako in the arrow screen but as previously mentioned, the single tickets aren't available to select. Hopefully this will be rectified soon.
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

It seems like splice and arrow are passes only, no singles. Presume it is because they are smaller screens. I did wonder already since I saw no blocked off section when buying my splice pass.

The only thing I am worried about now given the communication problems is that the discovery tickets for pass holders are definitely next month right?!?
johnnywills
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by johnnywills »

Now trying to book Single Tickets for Discovery Screen, no seating plan appears, could be on fromt row or stuck on the side, wont know until tickets have been bought. Combined with film plan being wrecked because single tickets only available for 1 Screen. Completely Frustrating. Was there no plan or information for single ticket buyers put in place.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

come on guys

I ask again, how will this affect full festival pass holders as discovery screens also seem to be playing up
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

johnnywills wrote:Now trying to book Single Tickets for Discovery Screen, no seating plan appears, could be on fromt row or stuck on the side, wont know until tickets have been bought. Combined with film plan being wrecked because single tickets only available for 1 Screen. Completely Frustrating. Was there no plan or information for single ticket buyers put in place.
so hows it going
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

Ian posted this on Facebook
There aren't any single tickets in the Arrow or splice media screens. There is a very simple reason for that and that is that the screens have reduced capacities from what we've had in the last three years when we were at the VUE West End.
In order to keep a similar number of festival and a passes available, single tickets have had to be reduced. The ones that are available are in the Horror Channel screen. Once these are gone the plan is to add in additional screenings in screen 7 similar to what has already happened for The Chamber.
johnnywills
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by johnnywills »

So why couldn't Ian give us that information prior to tickets going on sale , so that people planning films or wanting to be in the same screen as friends knew what was happening.