Parking

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
STun
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Parking

Post by STun »

Anyone know of parking around the cinema?

Is the best deal to park at the westfield?
Ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: Parking

Post by iomega »

There is parking available at the actual complex FrightFesters based in.
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

There is parking in the car park attached to the shopping centre where the cinema is (for about 230 cars). It does get very busy in there early on due to the supermarket and the spaces are a bit small. Not sure if there is an all-day parking offer on at the moment.

If you get an express parking tag over in Westfield, it's only £6 a day to park.

https://expressparking.uk.westfield.com

I'm going to park over in Westfield, no shortage of space.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Commodore wrote:There is parking in the car park attached to the shopping centre where the cinema is (for about 230 cars). It does get very busy in there early on due to the supermarket and the spaces are a bit small. Not sure if there is an all-day parking offer on at the moment.

If you get an express parking tag over in Westfield, it's only £6 a day to park.

https://expressparking.uk.westfield.com

I'm going to park over in Westfield, no shortage of space.

That's a pretty good deal - does it need registration on their site or something? I couldn't quite work it out, but I'm guessing you sign up for their Express Parking thing and can then get parking at £6 for 24hrs?
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

Pasted from the web page linked above:

Sign up for Express Parking at Westfield London and you’ll never take a ticket again. Just drive up and your Express Parking tag will grant you access into the car park. That means no more tickets to lose!

Once you’ve signed up for Express Parking at Westfield London, we will post you an Express Parking tag or you can pick one up at the Westfield London Valet Lounge. Then simply place this tag on the windscreen of your car as shown.

Check and edit your account details on your phone. Simply download the free My Westfield app for iPhone from the App Store. You can monitor charges, edit your personal info and even add new tags on the app. You can do all of this on the Express Parking website too!

£6 for 24h parking
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

It's £8/day otherwise, so you can save a tenner across the weekend. thanks for the heads up.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Have now signed up... hopefully the tag will arrive in the next couple of weeks before the festival!
The Aylmer
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by The Aylmer »

I ordered mine a couple of days back so, yes, hopefully the tag will turn up before the festival kicks off!
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

If not you can pick one up from the Concierge desk inside Westfield.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Not sure if this helps, but at the bottom of this page: http://www.myvue.com/cinemas/facilities ... herds-bush

It says
Parking at Shepherds Bush

Vue customers can park at the West 12 shopping centre and receive a 50% discount on parking all day.
Don't know if it'll apply to FF though.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Well, my parking tag arrived over the weekend - hope if anyone else bothered to register yours have now arrived too.

I haven't registered it for use yet - that's a task for later. Fingers crossed it all works as the website advises on the day!
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

Good to hear it arrived. System works really well. Trick is to put it in the top corner (drivers side) of your windscreen. If you don't want to permanently stick it on, a bit of blu-tac will do the job - just as long as the reader has line of sight to it you should be fine.