Potential IP address problem booking Discovery Screen tickets this Sat.

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Potential IP address problem booking Discovery Screen tickets this Sat.

Post by Sue77 »

Morning all,

On Sat I'll be booking Discovery Screen tickets for myself and a friend who is attending a family event that day. These are films we wish to watch together.

I have the correct codes etc., but I'm concerned that the booking system might flag up the fact that his Festival Pass was bought from a different IP address to the one I'll be using.

Does anyone know if this is likely to happen as it might prevent me from booking tickets on his behalf.

I have already contacted my friend to see if he can access his emails on his phone incase he needs to fib, but as that is likely to be sent from yet another IP address........

I'm hoping the system isn't this sophisticated!
Critter Egg
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Potential IP address problem booking Discovery Screen tickets this Sat.

Post by Critter Egg »

I don't think booking Discovery tickets from a different IP address to that where the pass was bought should make any difference, but you do have to set up a separate login for each named person even if you bought your tickets together. I had an email from FrightFest about this this morning.

The thing that is frustrating me is it looks like I won't be able to get Discovery tickets for myself and my man at the same time, even though we want to see the same films. Looks like I'm going to have to login with his code / email address and book one set of Discovery tickets and then login in again with my barcode / email address to book my Discovery tickets (he will be at work on Saturday so I have to do all the booking). I hope there are enough Discovery tickets available for me to get what we want, and I also hope the Discovery screens are free seating again this year ie no specific seats :s
"What's that you've got on your feet there?""Good Guy PJ Sneakers!"
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Potential IP address problem booking Discovery Screen tickets this Sat.

Post by MalJutley »

hello

based on last year discoveery screens seats shouldn;t be allocated seating, however it does appear to be that you have to buy one set of tickets first then another. This was the case last year too. Some discovery tickets may get sold out quick (I missed The Hallow last year) but try go for the ones you really want to see and work backwards. Also during the festival some get returned too.

You're IP address wont matter it goes on log in and ticket code