SPECIAL SURPRISE SCREENING - Speculation thread

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

SPECIAL SURPRISE SCREENING - Speculation thread

Post by ArghZombies »

So, on the Friday there's a SPECIAL SURPRISE SCREENING happening. Who doesn't love some random speculation?

So, all they've given us to work with is this:
Be amongst the first people in the world to see a highly anticipated British-made cautionary tale destined to become a classic in the 28 DAYS LATER tradition.
Now perhaps I'm being optimistic here, but my guess is the movie release of 'The Girl With All The Gifts'. I'd have expected that to get a bigger slot though as it has a decent cast and a solid following from the book, but hey, we can dream, right? And we know that Alan loved it at Cannes, so who knows? Maybe keeping it a secret is the only way they can get it showing? (That does happen with bands making special appearances at music festivals, so it's possibly not that crazy).

Anyone got any better suggestions?
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: SPECIAL SURPRISE SCREENING - Speculation thread

Post by Commodore »

That would be my guess as well.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Yes, I don't think there's much else it could be. I think if the producers want to have a more high-profile release, but still want Frightfest to screen it, then they won't want this to count as the UK premiere in which case it can't be advertised.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

ChrisReynolds wrote:Yes, I don't think there's much else it could be. I think if the producers want to have a more high-profile release, but still want Frightfest to screen it, then they won't want this to count as the UK premiere in which case it can't be advertised.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. There's a reason it's billed as a Surprise, and it won't be for fun suspense.

I remember being at Download festival about 10 years ago or so an there was a 'secret special guest' slot there too. We all thought it'd be some crappy local band but it turned out to be Metallica who couldn't announce themselves properly because Reading Festival had already announced them as having an exclusive UK performance at their festival. So they were just 'secret special guests' at Download to get around that. I imagine it's something akin to that.

Or, it's one of Alan's home movies.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
johnnywills
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by johnnywills »

The surprise film will be Patient Zero , starring Natalie Dormer. New British horror in the same genre as 28 days. Matches all the clues Ian left. We will wait and see.
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by MrsBBC »

I was hoping that it might be Ben Wheatley's Free Fire, but that is way off release, aaand I guess it isn't horror horror anyways.
16 Oct London Film Fest though.
Richie43
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Richie43 »

It`s going to be `the girl with all the gifts` A) because I have been waiting for some time to see it after reading the book and B)some of it was shot up the road from me in Dudley, plus my wife got me a ticket for `fear the walking dead` (which has been cancelled) instead of the special screening that I left specific instructions to get!! (as I was working on Saturday), oh, I`m not bitter, me!, sir, no!, anyone got a spare??.. :D
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by morralex »

There definitely needs to be more films with similar names:

Population zero/patient zero
Under the shadow/through the shadows
Beyond the gates/beyond the walls
We are the flesh/they were the flesh

(One might be made up)
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Has anyone flagged the start time for the surprise film is too early given the finish times of the preceding films on the main screens? Any chance of delaying the start time?
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.