Francesca

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2016
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Francesca

Post by Lunny68 »

I was really disappointed by this one. Everything had been done to make this like a real 70s Giallo. Costume, set design, film stock etc. All were top notch. Unfortunately I found it really dull. It dragged along, only becoming interesting with some of the kills.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Francesca

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Anyone work out why we were watching the German dubbed version?
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

Unlikely however that the correct soundtrack would've made it any more interesting!
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

A perhaps overly faithful reconstruction of a giallo film but hell, I'll still take that over most other films any day. Loved the ending. Only downsides: (i) not sure of the need for that post credit sequence (ii) what was with that german audio? This is the second year running that giallo has suffered technical problems at frightfest after the abandoned showing of "Your vice is a locked room..." last year. A weird giallo inspired festival curse??
Lunny68
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Lunny68 »

That's a good point mamawaldi! A year on, and I still haven't seen the end of Your Vice......!!
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

I thought this did a great job of capturing the giallo flavour, with a strong sense of 1970's cinema - it often felt more like a lost film that had been rediscovered rather than a 2015 production, so it scores well there.

On the downside, I felt the setpieces lacked panache and consequently the film felt a little underpowered. I liked the ending, although I suspect it may have been a bit marmite amongst the audience. 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.