Accommodation

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
Gorehound
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Accommodation

Post by Gorehound »

Anybody looking for a place to stay in August,I've managed to secure 3 nights at the Covent Garden Travelodge for just £278!
Not too bad and only a 10min walk from Leicester Square.

Well worth considering if staying over and no doubt have plenty of other frightfesters staying
"He`ll forgive them.He will forgive them and allow them into heaven, I cant live with that" :geek:
Twitter: zombieslew
phillip 1964
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Accommodation

Post by phillip 1964 »

Got 5 nights at the hub premier inn Goodge street for £364.00
Vice
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Vice »

phillip 1964 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:34 pm Got 5 nights at the hub premier inn Goodge street for £364.00
Similar, but staying at the hub in Covent Garden, 5 minute walk from Leicester Square.

I'm not going on holiday this year so I see Frightfest as my 'holiday'....will end up costing £700+ including hotel, pass, travel and food!
ian
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by ian »

i've spent the last 2 years staying with a friend who lived in london. now that he doesn't i won't be coming for the weekend - as above, it costs as much as a holiday and i can't justify that.

reckon i'll go to celluoid screams and grimmfest instead, which will cost less combined than bank holiday weekend in london.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Since 2007 (maybe 2008) I've stayed at High Holborn Halls. About £45-£49 a night. This includes breakfast. Lots of Festers stay here over the festival.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Vice wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:20 am
phillip 1964 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:34 pm Got 5 nights at the hub premier inn Goodge street for £364.00
Similar, but staying at the hub in Covent Garden, 5 minute walk from Leicester Square.
Looks good, but I can't get it any lower than £480!
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

I'm making a holiday of it and have booked the Z hotel in Soho. Tad expensive, but really close to the cinema.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Great to see you are doing things in style
Monkeypedro
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Monkeypedro »

I do not want to miss Frightfest as have been going since 2010 and is one of the highlights of my year but having to make cutbacks so i can attend all weekend and have booked up at SoHostel in Dean Street which is only 5 minutes walk and has good reviews and only cost me £110 to stay for 4 nights. I wouldn't normally stay in a hostel but will only be there to sleep as tend to be in the cinema or a bar for most of the weekend and even though i live an hour away it saves me missing the last film of the day and works out cheaper than commuting everyday.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Monkeypedro wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 3:22 pm I do not want to miss Frightfest as have been going since 2010 and is one of the highlights of my year but having to make cutbacks so i can attend all weekend and have booked up at SoHostel in Dean Street which is only 5 minutes walk and has good reviews and only cost me £110 to stay for 4 nights. I wouldn't normally stay in a hostel but will only be there to sleep as tend to be in the cinema or a bar for most of the weekend and even though i live an hour away it saves me missing the last film of the day and works out cheaper than commuting everyday.
The possiblity of sharing a room and possible a seat next to the same person.

Then again, a group of 4/6/8 mates going would probably work really well in a hostel.

Enjoy it.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Now £65 a night at High Holborn
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

I just booked The Hub by Premier Inn Covent Garden. I booked the no cancellation rate to save a little bit, so I hope I have no issues getting tickets. It looks swanky, despite the size of the rooms, and seems a perfect location (not just close to the Cinema, but also Fopp!). I was toying with staying at Euston, I usually stay there when I'm in London, but I wasn't sure how much of a hassle it'd be coming in every day for the films, and going back, especially as the Tube's could potentially finish prior to the last film. I wonder if I could make it back to my hotel for toilet breaks :lol:, it claims to be a 5 minute walking distance. So many restaurants and places to eat and drink close by, I think I'm going to have an amazing time. I was just going to go for 4 days, but I decided at the last minute to do the full 5, as I'd saved more than I expected to. I've never done anything like this, I hope I have the stamina to last the full five days and see everything I want to see.

So excited. :green:
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Only TEN weeks to go cineBAKA. I think you'll have a fab time. I've been going since the beginning and it just keeps getting better every year.

Looks like you are indeed about less than 5mins away from the square.

Just keep your eyes peeled on the twitter account for updates.

PS - you are very near Chipotle, which I love.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

cineBAKA wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:53 pm I just booked The Hub by Premier Inn Covent Garden.
Looks like we're hotel buddies. :)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

After appearing to completely sell out, High Holborn now has many rooms available, cheapest at £51 per night (though that may be after a discount based on 4 days or more).