Discovery Screen Tickets

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Discovery Screen Tickets

Post by MalJutley »

cineBAKA wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:42 am Curious how the Discovery Screen ticketing works. If I apply and am successful for Discovery Screen tickets, will I need to print them out as with the pass? Or do I just get them on the day from the cinema? I don't have a printer, so just wondering if I should save printing out the festival pass if the Discovery Screen tickets need to be printed out too.
Its safe to assume it would be the same as last year...just show the Discovery Screen ticket you get on your phone. It worked last year and i'd assume its the same given its the same company as mentioned above. You will get an email confirming your purchase and downloadable PDF to show as ticket / proof of purchase

Just be aware that this year regardless of the format that you have your ticket on – printed on your phone – we will be checking tickets with scanners at all of the discovery screenings, so no sneaking in like some were doing let year
Love Machine
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Love Machine »

Would I be correct in assuming discovery tix go on "sale" at noon on the 19th?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

More or less. Exact timings and details will be announced in good time.
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Given two out of three of the discovery screens are so small, it's worrying that half the tickets in each are on sale as single tickets. Not going to be much left for passholders on the 19th.
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by greenzombidog »

I just looked at the discovery screens too. It looks like the seats available to pass holders are all quite close to the screen. You've obviously got more choice in the downstairs screen at prince charles. But that Cineworld discovery screen is terrible if you're too close to the front, you can't take in the whole screen if you're in the middle and the image seems distorted if you're too near the edges.

I need to pick you up on this. Yes, the seats available to pass holders in any of our discovery screens are at the front of the cinemas and this is as it has always been. The screen in the Cineworld Discovery Screen is proportioned for the size of the cinema and where ever you are sitting you can see the whole screen. We used this screen for several years without complaint before we had to move to the VUE West End.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

Is this fair how can a couple sit together if you are allocating pass holder tkts for dico screens especially as we have to book them sepatately
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

I don't understand. I don't see 'Single Ticket Pass Holders' at all... :|
Wolfshade
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Wolfshade »

cineBAKA wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:04 pm I don't understand. I don't see 'Single Ticket Pass Holders' at all... :|
Yeah this.

Where is the option?
Alex Kidd
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Alex Kidd »

The tickets for each film are being loaded into the ticket site individually, they'll take a few minutes to become live, so keep checking the page.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

The concept of "queue" and "reservation" is totally missing. Right now wasting time clicking 15 times for the same movie, selecting a seat than gets taken by somebody else and restarting. Not too happy.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

Having exactly the same issue valido. It's extremely frustrating. I even backed out to the calendar and returned to the film screen to see what had been taken, and seating plan was exactly the same... showing the same free seats? 20 minutes in and I still haven't managed to get a single seat for a Discovery film...
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Feels like a videogame. I've been selecting random seats for the same movie for 20 minutes now, only to restart everytime.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Orange dots, orange dots
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

valido wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 pm Feels like a videogame. I've been selecting random seats for the same movie for 20 minutes now, only to restart everytime.
I'm level 3! (ie two seats booked in 40m...)
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

Still on the same movie after 40 mins. I'm bad at wack-a-mole.