Post by sherbetbizarre »

"You need to select some tickets you want to purchase"
:twisted:

"B-14 has been reserved by somebody else, we apologise for any inconvenience."

"Sorry, the some of the seats you selected are not available for booking."

Fun times! :D
Last edited by sherbetbizarre on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Discovery Screen Tickets

Post by jonbly »

I've tried a blood sacrifice, but that didn't work...
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

Finally got a ticket for Redwood at the Prince Charles, but slightly concerned the system may have double booked me... I tried for a seat (A3) it removed it, said it had been taken, and then I tried for A10, and it sent me to Delivery, but lists A3 as my ticket. A little worrying, but hopefully that's not the case and I'll finally be able to see Redwood, and it only took me 50 minutes to get a ticket. :lol: Was genuinely thinking about buying one of the non pass holder seats...
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

Terrible, terrible system. An hour so far and one ticket to show for it. It's like the longest, most drawn-out crappy game of Connect 4 ever, where the pieces come and go at will.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Level 4!

This still isn't the worst game I've ever played...
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

I've found the way to do it is click on the orange dot if it allows me to and then ignore the error message that says 'sorry, this seat has been booked by somebody else' and sit it out; ditto with the confirmation/delivery screens. It's so unbelievably slow to catch up with itself that the 'somebody else' on every occasion so far has turned out to be me.

I've got all seven of the ones I wanted, but it's taken an hour. I was having fond memories of the spinning circle of death from a couple of years ago.
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Got everything I wanted too (also 7!) but took over an hour - definitely worse than last year which I sorted out over a coffee

Had no problems selecting seats unlike others - I was using an iPhone
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

It's getting even more ridiculous:

- only one seat available
- I click on it
- says it's taken
- refreshes the page automatically
- it's still orange
- I click again
- repeat (15 minutes)
David Scullion
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by David Scullion »

This was incredibly frustrating. Over an hour booking, refreshing, being told tickets had been reserved, crashes, refreshing, having the grammatically infuriating notice "Sorry, the some of the seats you selected are not available for booking" appear over and over...

Until I eventually booked ONE ticket.

By then all the other screens had sold out. So didn't even get an attempt to purchase other tickets! :x

A horrible, frustrating and painful experience. Hopefully this feeling will be smoothed over with a nice Kraken & coke in the Phoenix on Thursday... followed by a lot of (hopefully awesome) main screen films. Lots and lots of films. Bring it on.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Well what a shower of fucking shit that was.

After 75 minutes of clicking on ever-shifting orange dots and being greeted with "you need to select a ticket", "some of the seats you've selected are not available", "that seat has been reserved by someone else" or "an error has occurred, please try again", the end result is:
  • My brother has a ticket for The Glass Coffin, I couldn't get one.
  • We have three tickets for Our Evil.
  • We gave up on trying to get free tickets for Cold Hell and bought the buggers instead.
Thank you Frightfest, please use that extra £29.50 wisely. Perhaps it can be used to sponsor some brave young computer whizz-kids to develop a booking system which isn't shit.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

in some scrteens 2 rows only for pass holders thats not fair you are penalising us fans who stay for the whole weekend in the hope of getting more paid for seats when obviosly their are passholders who want the seats, is there any way to make seats especially for veronica and 3rd night 2nd sc reenings available.

this has been the most horrendous booking session ever
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

FranksWildYears wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:12 pm I've found the way to do it is click on the orange dot if it allows me to and then ignore the error message that says 'sorry, this seat has been booked by somebody else' and sit it out; ditto with the confirmation/delivery screens. It's so unbelievably slow to catch up with itself that the 'somebody else' on every occasion so far has turned out to be me.
You were spot on with this. After I did the same, actually started getting some tickets. The tendency was to immediately click on another seat when the orange message appeared but as you say, if you just let the page continue loading instead, it takes you through to the purchase page.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

I'm finally done.

Funniest part was when I spent a good hour trying to get a ticket for Fashionista while my wife was selecting some other movie first, and then somehow she got Fashionista before me.

In the end "only" a couple of choices went sold out while I was insisting on playing bingo on the same one.
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Sue77 »

I found it nightmarish this year. It's taken me an hour and 40 minutes and I've not been able to get tickets for what are two must see films for me: Fashionista and Cold Hell. ~Both of these films are in a tiny screen and I am curious as to why Fashionista has been relegated to the smallest screen of all.

Another thing which I found frustrating is how few seats in the smaller screens are allocated to Pass Holders. In the smaller screens there were 3 rows of Pass Holder tickets and 4 for people wishing to buy a ticket. Indeed, for Mon's showing of Veronica less than 3 of the 7 rows were available. I see no reason why more seats cannot be allocated to Pass Holders in the first instance then, if these seats are not taken by a certain date/deadline, open them up to the buying public. I'm not suggesting Pass Holders are given first preference for all the seats, but 4 rows against 3 in the smaller screens would have been very welcome.

I'm just hoping that I can get in to see the films I want by turning up and finding someone else doesn't bother!
NoneProuder
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by NoneProuder »

Awful system, but at least it injected nearly 2 hours of adrenaline fuelled excitement into my Saturday. In the end I got almost all the tickets I wanted, but I have had to sacrifice a couple of Main Screen films I didn't really want to.

I wasted the first 10 minutes due to the instructions in the email bearing no relation whatsoever to the actual ticketing system so I kept reloading before any of the orange dots of lies appeared.

I feel like I am now coming down after watching my first horror film of the festival.