To Trailer or not?

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: To Trailer or not?

Post by husky1 »

To bew honest I have done both,sometimes the write up doesnt always match the trailer or vice versa so go in sort of semi blind..sometimes the titles says it all. So far I havent seen any trailers so will let the films I see pass before my eyes and ill like some and hate others but hey such is life. and its not always about the films its the people you meet the good old atmosphere
odishon
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by odishon »

I used to avoid all trailers and even the synopses on the website. I have found in the past even the film description can be spoiler ish. When someone has seen a film blind then describes it by saying 'has a twist you won't see coming', that's a big spoiler to me as all I do is wait for the twist!
This year however I think I'll do some research as the past two years especially I've lost faith in the main screen. The final straw was coming out from the disappointing Red Christmas to the rave reviews from Found Footage 3D (which still has never had a release!)
So some trailers will be watched this time!
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

odishon wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:52 pmWhen someone has seen a film blind then describes it by saying 'has a twist you won't see coming', that's a big spoiler to me as all I do is wait for the twist!
Agree!
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

When we had to cue up for the Discovery tickets the day of their showing, that was the only time I read up on the films, main vs Disco to see which description appealed to me most.

With having to scramble for Disco tickets in advance I generally have seen what the buzz is and at times have just gone off the title.

This year I may well trailer, knowning full well that trailers, at least for every single mainstream movie release, can and do spoil the films.
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Sue77 »

I tend to view trailers as I suffer with chronic motion sickness when watching films made with hand held cameras, those which are found footage etc. Some, e.g VHS, are totally unwatchable for me. Watching the trailers allows me to quickly identify those films I need to avoid.

That said, the more oblique the trailer, the more drawn I am to watch the film :lol: