Food

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Food

Post by DJBenz »

MalJutley wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:27 amif you walk towards Shake Shack opposite is a shwarma place...they do a very good chicken shwarma.
No idea what a shwarma is, except for seeing it in the after credits scene on Avengers Assemble, but I'm gonna give that a try this year.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Chicken shwarma I believe is off a spit.

So as opposed to the regular chicken kebabs that are generally done on a skewer on a grill these are cooked like donners...
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

That will do me!
SarahSmiley
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by SarahSmiley »

Already been mentioned but I can highly recommend Shake Shack where KFC used to be on the corner opposite the M&M shop.

Great burger, great fries, and great shakes/ice cream (obviously) in a variety of flavours.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

DJBenz wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:51 pm That will do me!
You won't regret it ;)
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

SarahSmiley wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:54 pm Already been mentioned but I can highly recommend Shake Shack where KFC used to be on the corner opposite the M&M shop.

Great burger, great fries, and great shakes/ice cream (obviously) in a variety of flavours.
I second this!
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by MrsBBC »

Well all those food sounds unhealthy, chainy and terrible.
I'll probably bring my own food again, with the occasional ice cream from udderlicious (5- min walk)
MrsE
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MrsE »

Some other lighter options: there is a branch of Tossed (the salad chain) on St Martins Lane (it also has a branch of Eat, one of Pret and one of Abokado) ; and there is a branch of Whole Foods at Piccadilly Circus. A little further away if you have time there's an M&S opposite Covent Garden tube about 10 mins walk from Leicester Square.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

To be fair e are in the heart of London you will find something you like to eat no matter what your tastes are....there are countless options depending on what you want. I work not far from the venue and I walk down Tottenham Court Road with so many more options if you fancy a walk. In the immediacy of the venue it is mostly quick food
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

FrightFest is my holiday, who wants to be healthy on holiday?
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Strada on Panton Street (the road leading off the corner of Leicester Square where All Bar One is and the Odeon West End used to be) gives 20% off every day if you have any theatre or cinema ticket. Can't remember if that's 20% off the total bill or 20% off food. May be better money off deals with vouchers online but often they won't work on Saturdays.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

I wonder where the best place to get groceries will be. I've spotted an M&S at the stop before Leicester Square, Piccadilly. As much as I'm going to try my hardest, I'm not sure I can live on takeaways and cinema snacks for 5 days straight. Can't see a Poundland remotely near though :lol:. Gotta live on a budget, after paying for the pass, hotel and with Fopp being so dangerously close. :D
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

There's a Tesco on Lower Regent Street only a 5 min walk away just below Piccadilly Circus plus there's Coop and Sainsburys on Strand about 10 mins away. There's also a Whole Foods just off Piccadilly but that's the pricy option.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

Thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to find those easily enough. They look simple enough to find on Google maps anyway.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Yeah, I always toddle to Co-Op, bit of a walk but much quieter all things considered.