Food

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Food

Post by TheDukeAbides »

As we are back in Leicester Square again, thought I'd point out that Burger King are doing their vouchers again...

Of course there are many other food options available...

Which maybe people could suggest, for the newbies around here...
Amkfinch
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Food

Post by Amkfinch »

MOD Pizza have recently opened up on the other side of the square. If you haven't heard of them before, it's create your own pizza (kind of like subway but fresher ingredients).

12" pizzas are under £8 and they are pretty damn good and quick as well. Definitely worth hitting up.

Also Noodle Stop opposite the Vue is an old favourite. Quick and cheap, but I think they are cash only so bear that in mind.
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Sue77 »

Just behind the Empire is Chinatown. it's well worth checking out the Chinese cafe's as they often do bowls of pork/duck and noodle soup, with spring onion and bak choy. These used to cost around £6; the portions are large and filling.

There are also a number of take out buffets, which cost more but provide variety and yumminess. Avoid the one which you can reach turning right out of the Empire and right again at the first main junction. It's on the left hand side and appears to be a cheap option, but the food quality and hygiene were terrible the last time we were in Leicester Square.

Also opposite the Vue is a café which does a super falafel pitta bread with stacks of salad. Again around £5-6 and a good vegetarian option.

Now I'm hungry.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

The Tokyo Diner, which is sort of behind the Empire just on the border of Chinatown does great Japanese food. Quick service and reasonably priced.

Also, if you fancy a Burrito, Chipotle is a five-minute walk away on St. Martin's Lane.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

I would agree with all those mentioned,if you plan to eat on the square it self be careful as prices can be high.. chinatown ( pretty much brhind the Empire) is a good bet for variety and quality.
There is a nice little cafe opposite the vue, which is excellent value, good quality and fast.. depends what you want really. there is also the standards ( mcdonalds, KFC and burger king)
It really depends on the scrdule as to what you can fit in between films etc, but for me thats part of the experience
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

There are a few new arrivals in the area (and new outlets for old favourites):

Shake Shack - this has opened up in place of KFC. Good burgers, fries and desserts, cooked to order.
McDonalds - McD's is back on the west side of the square (behind the Lego store). It is significantly cheaper than Burger King
MOD Pizza - South side of the square, MOD is a US pizza chain that has just arrived in the UK. The Uk franchises are owned by the same guy that owns the UK Five Guys chain (Sir Charles Dunstone, who owned Carphone Warehouse)

Five Guys is also a short (3-5 min) walk away at the corner of St Martins Lane and Long Acre

There is also an easyCoffee next to the VUE cinema, doing fairly decent coffee for £1 a cup.

For good, well-priced and quick food, you can't beat Tokyo Diner. The Katsu Curry is highly addictive and will keep you going all day.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Couple of places I always visit when I'm in town

Herman ze German - 33 Old Compton St, Soho, London W1D 5JU

Chipotle Mexican Grill - 92-93 St Martin's Ln, London WC2N 4AP
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

Good point on Herman Ze German.

In fact, Old Compton St, which is only a few mins walk away, is a great location for eats. Everything from cream cakes to meat.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Commodore wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:29 pm Good point on Herman Ze German.

In fact, Old Compton St, which is only a few mins walk away, is a great location for eats. Everything from cream cakes to meat.
That sounds like a Carry On sketch.
hingethunder
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by hingethunder »

Commodore wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:35 am Five Guys is also a short (3-5 min) walk away at the corner of St Martins Lane and Long Acre
There's a new Five Guys in Piccadilly Circus, in the Trocadero building on the corner near Picturehouse Central (turn right coming out of the Empire)
Vice
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Vice »

zappa fan wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:51 am Couple of places I always visit when I'm in town

Herman ze German - 33 Old Compton St, Soho, London W1D 5JU

Chipotle Mexican Grill - 92-93 St Martin's Ln, London WC2N 4AP
Last time Frightfest was in Leicester Square, Herman ze German were offering a pretty hefty discount on food with a festival pass
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

TheDukeAbides wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:01 pm
Commodore wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:29 pm Good point on Herman Ze German.

That sounds like a Carry On sketch.
They do a really meaty sausage. Matron!
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

I'm about half way through timing all the films up and so far, the good news is I have managed to work in a minimum of a 50 minute break every day to allow everyone to go get some food before the first of the evening films.
scoutthehorizon
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scoutthehorizon »

That is genuinely amazing; thank you Ian. You have no idea how much this is necessary after even one day of eating takeaway crap for some people.
mytwocentsfilm.wordpress.com

Twitter @scoutthehorizon
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

In addition to the above Wok to Walk just past leicester square station and also if you walk towards Shake Shack opposite is a shwarma place...they do a very good chicken shwarma. I usually end up at Five guys, Pret, the chippy opposite too