Final Night Soiree - is there one?

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Final Night Soiree - is there one?

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Just wondering, if I've not missed it in all the news coming out, if there is a place to drink after the final film (for those that need to be up later than 1am) and especially after the final film on the Monday.

Obviously in previous years we've had the Phoenix Theatre and last year in Shepherds Bush it was the Wetherspoons followed by the reception of the Ibis.

Anything planned this year?
darklantern
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Final Night Soiree - is there one?

Post by darklantern »

I was actually going to post the name of a good Metal/Alternative bar (given there is a decent sized Horror/Roock/Metal crossover, most the bars I'm thinking of are mainstream friendly, by the way) close to Leicester Square, open Until 3am every night except Sunday night, plus a good Metal club on Saturday night, but wasn't sure if it's allowed. Is it ok to post them?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

Yes there is, back at the Phoenix as usual from after the final film on the Monday until 3 AM. No tickets required just flash your badge and you are in. We also have slotted in the pre-festival drinks on the Thursday afternoon from 2PM until 5PM there. The karaoke on Sunday evening is also back from 10:45 PM in the back room. Paul is limbering up as I type this. Pass holders will be welcome in Phoenix over the five days of the event at any time, it is now open all day by the way, just show your festival badge.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

darklantern wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:08 pm I was actually going to post the name of a good Metal/Alternative bar (given there is a decent sized Horror/Roock/Metal crossover, most the bars I'm thinking of are mainstream friendly, by the way) close to Leicester Square, open Until 3am every night except Sunday night, plus a good Metal club on Saturday night, but wasn't sure if it's allowed. Is it ok to post them?
I'd be interested in knowing anyway, just as a possible alternative to the Phoenix if it gets massively crowded as it tends to do sometimes. :)
darklantern
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by darklantern »

Well, since you asked, and I don't want to jeopardize any offical events, the main places I'm thinking of are the Cro Bar on Manette St (off Charing Cross Road, more towards the Tottenham Court Road end), a smallish, but good Metal/Rock bar, with a decent Rock/Metal jukebox, can get a little crowded on weekends, but open til 3am (not Sun). Closer towards Leicester Square, you have the Garlic and Shots on Frith Street (I think they close daily at 1am), another smallish venue, they also serve food, the basement bar is quite cool with slightly gothic decor. Lastly, on Saturday night, there is Decadence at the St Moritz on Wardour Street, about a 5 min walk from the Prince Charles. It's another place that's not too big, but they have a dancefloor for those into that sort of thing, they mostly play 80s Metal (think of the sort of stuff you'd hear on 80s Horror movie soundtracks, like Kiss, Wasp, Skid Row, etc), plus stuff like The Cult, Billy Idol, etc. All three are good choices for anyone out of town, particularly with a taste for Heavier type music (although Decadence leans more towards glam/80s Metal). These are the places I tend to go to in central London, without venturing further afield, ie Camden Town, Angel, etc.
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by MalJutley »

iomega wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:06 pm Yes there is, back at the Phoenix as usual from after the final film on the Monday until 3 AM. No tickets required just flash your badge and you are in. We also have slotted in the pre-festival drinks on the Thursday afternoon from 2PM until 5PM there. The karaoke on Sunday evening is also back from 10:45 PM in the back room. Paul is limbering up as I type this. Pass holders will be welcome in Phoenix over the five days of the event at any time, it is now open all day by the way, just show your festival badge.
Fantastic news....given I have to walk past the Phoenix to get to may hotel I assume I will be here a fair bit!
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Thanks for confirming Ian, good to know.

Thanks for the rock club info too...
Wenda over the Rolls
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Wenda over the Rolls »

So is it The Phoenix, Cavendish Square?
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Post by iomega »

The Phoenix Artist Club
1 Phoenix St, London WC2H 8BU
Open to 3AM each night of the festival
Free entry by flashing your festival badge
Wenda over the Rolls
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Wenda over the Rolls »

Thank you
staineve
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by staineve »

iomega wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 am The Phoenix Artist Club
Just checking, does this count for us measly day pass holders? :eek:
twitter: @staineve
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

staineve wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:41 am
iomega wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 am The Phoenix Artist Club
Just checking, does this count for us measly day pass holders? :eek:
Think so, think it may even count for singles tickets...but don't quote me on that.