Film clash dissapointments.

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
Post Reply
greenzombidog
Walking Dead
Walking Dead
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Film clash dissapointments.

Post by greenzombidog »

Now we've all had a chance to go through the full line up and make up our minds on discovery screen films, are there any films you can't fit in to your perfect line up that you're dissapointed at missing due to clashes?

For me it's Fashionista, Bad match, Devils gate ( I watched the trailer it looked like dumb fun ) Dream demon ( This one scared me when I saw it on vhs as a kid) and for the first year ever I won't catch any of the shorts.

But I'm really looking forward to the lineup and hope I get all the discovery tickets I'm after.
In the dark womb we ate hot slime
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by ChrisReynolds »

I have several clashes that are difficult to decide on:
Sequence Break and Short Films 1
Radius and Dhogs
Jackals and To Hell and Back
Hatchet Redux and Eat Locals
Double Date, Our Evil and Replace
The Terror of Hallow's Eve and Meatball Machine Kodoku

Here are my suggestions on what to see
Sequence Break
Radius
Tough call but To Hell and Back
Again a tough call and the one that I'm sitting on the fence for
Double Date
Meatball Machine Kodoku.
MrsE
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by MrsE »

I have done quite well, just one clash on the Sunday. Devil's Gate and Killing Ground both look good.
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by sherbetbizarre »

ChrisReynolds wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:29 amDouble Date
Ian, clicking the Double Date trailer takes you to The End? trailer... which isn't linked on The End? page!

All fixed. If you see any more, let me know.
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Major clashes are against the Adam and Joe films!

Hatchet or Cold Hell?

Mayhem or Imitation Girl?

:s
User avatar
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:26 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by WraithApe »

sherbetbizarre wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:18 am Hatchet or Cold Hell?
How about The Glass Coffin?
User avatar
morralex
Running Zombie
Running Zombie
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 am
Contact:

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by morralex »

no clashes for me luckily. am finding a couple of slots without anything i want to see though: the adult babies and lowlife slots on the main screen.
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by sherbetbizarre »

WraithApe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 amHow about The Glass Coffin?
Seeing that in the other slot!
User avatar
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:26 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by WraithApe »

sherbetbizarre wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:04 am
WraithApe wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:20 amHow about The Glass Coffin?
Seeing that in the other slot!
Ah, thought you might be! I've tentatively opted to stay in the main screen for Freehold, though it's not one of the main screen offerings I have the highest hopes for... might have to re-jig, as the other discovery options don't really appeal to me in that slot. Maybe The Glass Coffin instead of Freehold, and stay in the main screen for Hatchet Redux. Choices, choices!
MalJutley
Running Zombie
Running Zombie
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 11:55 am

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by MalJutley »

I have a some decisions to make:

Freehold* / Glass Coffin
Sequence Break / Bad Match*
Leatherface / Fanged Up*
Double Date* / Replace
Still/Born / Veronica*

Leaning to the ones with an asterisk. In the case of Leatherface I can catch that on main release and may not see Fanged Up for a while for example

:s
cineBAKA
Walking Dead
Walking Dead
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by cineBAKA »

I'm really disappointed I don't appear to get a second chance to see Redwood. It looks really fun and self-aware, but is going up against Wingard's next film, and likely the only opportunity I will have to see it on the big screen, what with it being Netflix funded / acquired. That's the only one I've spotted out of what initially has interested me in the Discovery screenings.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by ChrisReynolds »

cineBAKA wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:12 pm I'm really disappointed I don't appear to get a second chance to see Redwood. It looks really fun and self-aware, but is going up against Wingard's next film, and likely the only opportunity I will have to see it on the big screen, what with it being Netflix funded / acquired. That's the only one I've spotted out of what initially has interested me in the Discovery screenings.
There's been a second screening of Redwood added on Saturday at 18:00.
cineBAKA
Walking Dead
Walking Dead
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by cineBAKA »

ChrisReynolds wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:43 pm
cineBAKA wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:12 pm I'm really disappointed I don't appear to get a second chance to see Redwood. It looks really fun and self-aware, but is going up against Wingard's next film, and likely the only opportunity I will have to see it on the big screen, what with it being Netflix funded / acquired. That's the only one I've spotted out of what initially has interested me in the Discovery screenings.
There's been a second screening of Redwood added on Saturday at 18:00.
Thank you so much! I didn't spot that. I don't think I paid too much attention to the films at the Prince Charles, now I'll have to figure out how to get there, if I manage to successfully get tickets. It's at the perfect time too, as Attack of The Adult Babies does not look like something I would enjoy.
User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by sherbetbizarre »

sherbetbizarre wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:43 am
ChrisReynolds wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:29 amDouble Date
Ian, clicking the Double Date trailer takes you to The End? trailer... which isn't linked on The End? page!

All fixed. If you see any more, let me know.
Jackals in the Arrow screen - link doesn't work on main page.

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/2017films/f ... edule.html
User avatar
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!
Posts: 577
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:08 pm
Location: North West of England
Contact:

Re: Film clash dissapointments.

Post by TheDukeAbides »

cineBAKA wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:56 pm
ChrisReynolds wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:43 pm
cineBAKA wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:12 pm I'm really disappointed I don't appear to get a second chance to see Redwood. It looks really fun and self-aware, but is going up against Wingard's next film, and likely the only opportunity I will have to see it on the big screen, what with it being Netflix funded / acquired. That's the only one I've spotted out of what initially has interested me in the Discovery screenings.
There's been a second screening of Redwood added on Saturday at 18:00.
Thank you so much! I didn't spot that. I don't think I paid too much attention to the films at the Prince Charles, now I'll have to figure out how to get there, if I manage to successfully get tickets. It's at the perfect time too, as Attack of The Adult Babies does not look like something I would enjoy.
Getting to the Prince Charles from the Empire should take all of about one minute.

In fact I'm going to time myself from my seat in the Empire to a seat in the PC and see if I can improve on it each day
Post Reply