Site advertising

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Site advertising

Post by Kris »

Hi

Can I ask do we have guidance about people posting links to/from their own websites?

If not can I ask that if you own a site then please don't post to every update available, maybe just the odd post stating what you do and the various links contained within.

Maybe a mod can confirm?
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
DJBenz
-----
-----

Re: Site advertising

Post by DJBenz »

There are no hard and fast rules as far as I'm concerned. I generally look at self-promotion posts based on their relevance to FF attendees and whether or not there seems to be any adverse reaction from forum members.

It's not like the forum is a hive of activity these days, so being overly heavy-handed does no one any favours.

I assume your post is in reference to the flurry of recent posts about the Britflicks podcasts?
leytonrocks
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Site advertising

Post by leytonrocks »

Rationalising them into one post was a good move

Apologies for any disruption to the thread by my original enthusiastic posts... I just got carried away after creating my own back log podcasts I hadn't shared on here.

Thanks for not deleting... The Britflicks podcasts are a labour of love. No commercial gain to me from getting more or less listeners... I usually only do one podcast a week, but during August I try to interview as many as possible - 2017 will ironically, be 17 in total when I'm done :)

Best

Stuart