Other attractions?

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Other attractions?

Post by Alex J »

Sorry if this isn't the right thread for this but I thought this would be the most likely place it will be spotted.

I, like many other Frightfesters, am visiting from outside London and as I will have a bit of time to spare (hopefully!) before the festival starts I was thinking about going to a exhibition and have two to choose from - the Star Wars Identities one and the Into The Unknown one at the Barbican - and wondered if anyone had been to either of them?

I'll probably only have time to do one of them unfortunately so if anyone has any feedback on either that will be much appreciated to help me decide!
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Other attractions?

Post by WraithApe »

Hey Alex. I went to Into the Unknown a couple of nights ago actually. It's pretty good, especially if you're a bit of a sci-fi buff as well as horror. They have a lot of props, original artwork, storyboards (e.g. Star Wars trench run) and even the original script for 2001! Also some costumes, and lots of books relating to the eras on display. There are some short video installations and a personal highlight for me, a booth set up where you can play Infocom's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! It's not a huge exhibition, and I think it's a little overpriced at 15 quid a ticket, but what isn't overpriced in London? :roll:
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Other attractions?

Post by Alex J »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I think the Barbican one may be the better option - the Star Wars exhibition is another tenner on top and probably will be full of kids!

Thanks and see you tomorrow!
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.