Leatherface

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Leatherface

Post by jonbly »

7/10 - Stands up pretty well in its own right - the franchise link seems pretty irrelevant. The answer to the question, "Which of these kids is going to be Leatherface?" has a pretty simple answer, though... no-one cares. Were the other kids supposed to be Sawyers?
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Leatherface

Post by Alex J »

Gory thrills mixed with a
Spoiler:
guessing game
but maybe lacking a bit of spark to make it more memorable. Whilst I appreciated the attempt to do something different with the story I wasn't overly enamoured of the period setting and for much of the running time it didn't feel like a Texas Chainsaw movie. 7.5 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

This one exceeded my expectations: a well-paced road movie / horror with some striking camera work and strong performances. 7/10
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Whoever wrote Wrong Turn 4: Bloody Beginnings should sue them for stealing his plot...

I think I'm resigned to the fact that Texas Chain Saw Massacre sequels and prequels are pointless. The original is a work of genius, the one with Dennis Hopper is a good laugh because it's fucking mental, the remake with Jessica Biel is actually not bad... the others are all utter tripe and somehow end up being exactly the same whether they're meant to be sequels, prequels or whatever. No-one seems to be able to think of anything interesting to do with the characters.

This one is well made and yes, it took me a while to Guess-the-Leatherface, but the plot ultimately goes exactly where you expect it to. And I don't for a minute believe that the Leatherface of the original film would have a back-story remotely like this.
mamawaldi
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by mamawaldi »

So this is where the franchise resides now? A not very difficult game of guess the Leatherface? Best moment by far was the almost incidental wheelchair out the window. Otherwise overwhelmingly humdrum.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Was exactly what I expected from a mainstream horror origin story so in that respect I can not be disappointed.

The nurse was neither sympathetic or, well anything really so lets cheer for the Leatherface and his family.

More wide shots of wheelchairs going through windows should be provided in many future genre films.

5/10

RIP Tobe Hooper.