Top Knot Detective

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Top Knot Detective

Post by jonbly »

5/10 - A good idea, but for me it didn't go far enough or fast enough. Flat ending, followed by a mind-numbingly funny coda.
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Top Knot Detective

Post by MrsBBC »

This was a surprise hit for me.

What the hell was that coda? Bizarre
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by WraithApe »

More of a chuckle than laugh out loud funny, but a good idea well executed. The old footage felt authentic and interviews with cast and crew reminded me of the DVD extras I've watched for many a cult Japanese film. The sub-plot which emerged elevated it above a simple spoof. 7/10
MrsBBC
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by MrsBBC »

WraithApe wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:55 pm More of a chuckle than laugh out loud funny, but a good idea well executed. The old footage felt authentic and interviews with cast and crew reminded me of the DVD extras I've watched for many a cult Japanese film. The sub-plot which emerged elevated it above a simple spoof. 7/10
I genuinely went in to it thinking it was a proper documentary, and with no interest in really watching it, other than it was recommended by someone whose taste I trust far more than my own preconceived ideas and utter misjudgement.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I really would like a lot of people to go into this thinking it was a real documentary and not a Darkplace scenario.

Bit long but very good fun, up there with my favourites.

7/10