Boots on the Ground

All the news, gossip and information about FrightFest 2017
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Boots on the Ground

Post by Alex J »

For fellow motion sickness sufferers I have good news for you as I managed to get through this OK, despite the use of body / head cams.

As for the film itself it maintained my interest and there were some pleasingly suspenseful sequences along with a few jump scares, although it did benefit from the Q & A which helped to clarify a few points. 7 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
WraithApe
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Boots on the Ground

Post by WraithApe »

I had high hopes for this one so it came as a big disappointment to discover it was just another in a long line of found footage movie with dark corridors lit by strobing flashlights and entities jumping out at the screen like cheap carnival tricks, turning the picture to static. There's not really much of a plot to speak of, the acting is wooden and the fact that it's set in Afghanistan is neither here nor there; it really could have been anywhere - the war forms the most perfunctory of backdrops. 2/10
Spoiler:
It was also the second film of the festival that thinks it can throw in a time loop to explain everything away, but it really doesn't. It wasn't a revelation either, even though it is delivered at the end of the movie like it was some big twist, I saw it coming almost from the start where five British soldiers observe another five British soldiers entering a building from a distance...