Glasgow Suggestions

All the news and discussion for Frightfest Glasgow on 24th -25th February 2017
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Glasgow Suggestions

Post by Alex J »

Now, before I start hopefully from my other postings it is clear that I thoroughly enjoyed the festival this year, possibly my favourite of all of the years I have attended.

However, I wondered if anyone had any thoughts for improvements for future years? I don't want to kick-start too much focus on the negatives when there are so many positives, but I did have a few little gripes:

1. The lack of leg-room on some of the rows - I'm not particularly tall, so this must be worse for some others, but for the last few films of the festival I was struggling because my knees were giving me grief. Appreciate that not too much can be done about this, but perhaps the next point may help.

2. The lack of breaks between films - the norm seemed to be a 25 minute break, which by the time you got out of the theatre and used the facilities meant there was next to no time for anything else. Appreciate there was a lot to cram in, but ideally there would be an hour slot sometime in the late afternoon / evening for people to attempt to eat something other than snack food. Perhaps the next point could help free up some time, especially on the Saturday....

3. Seven films in one day is probably one too many - again, appreciate there is lots to fit in, but could it have been structured so instead of five on Friday and seven on Saturday it was a 6:6 split? Is there any reason why the Friday timings don't allow the squeezing in of an earlier showing (I think this year the first film was at 1.30pm) ? Maybe there is a concern about travel arrangements that prevents this?

All in all, I really enjoyed the festival, so I don't want to detract from that, but I wondered what others thought about the above points?
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Glasgow Suggestions

Post by Alex J »

How did people find the wristbands? I unwisely put mine on too tight and couldn't get it off again, so I ended up cutting it off on Friday night. So my wrist now looks like I spent the weekend in a torture p**n movie!

Out of the 3 options (lanyard, wristband and stamp) I think the least worst option is the lanyard, so hopefully they'll be used when we return to the Empire!
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Alex J wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:16 pmOut of the 3 options (lanyard, wristband and stamp) I think the least worst option is the lanyard, so hopefully they'll be used when we return to the Empire!
The wristbands were the one-use-only type, and I wasn't going to sleep in mine, so I pulled it off on Friday night and carried it around in my pocket on Saturday to show like a ticket. Lanyards or tickets only please!
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

On a positive note I did like the Frightfest specific brochures - having got used to having the London programme I always felt this was missing from the Glasgow event, so well done and thank you to whoever progressed the production of this year's brochure! Hopefully this will be a regular feature at future Glasgow events!