FrightFest 2018

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

FrightFest 2018

Post by iomega »

I thought it was about time that FrightFest 2018 got its own slot on our forum. Greg, Alan, Paul, and our ever patient festival manager Clare, how she puts up with the four of us I will never know, our amazing box office manager Helen and myself look forward to reading your musings good and bad in the lead up to this year's event. Play nice though.

Ian.
iomega
Frightfest Organiser
Frightfest Organiser

Re: FrightFest 2018 - Ticket prices

Post by iomega »

Okay, now the this forum has kicked off, let's go on populating it with some useful information. I finally sat down today and begun work on the festival budget proper rather than the back of the fag packet calculations that I have been using up to now. As a result I've been able to set the ticket pricing for this year's event.

The five-day see as many films as you can festival pass will be the same price as last year - £195.

Day passes are as follow. There are slight increases on each of these. Thursday - £37. Friday and Saturday - £68. Sunday and Monday are £57.

Single tickets – £14.50.

All of the festival pass holders will be together again in the largest screen at the Cineworld Leicester Square with the day pass holders and purchasers of single tickets in the super screen next door.

There will be a small service charge on to of these at the same level as last year.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: FrightFest 2018

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Cheers, Ian!

Any discount parking this year?

Working on it
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Thanks Ian!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Brooker!
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Brooker! »

Nice one.
Thanks Ian.
scarebear
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by scarebear »

Cheers Ian. Doing my first full festival this year, so ill be glued to the PC at 12pm next Saturday to get my festival pass!
argento1977
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by argento1977 »

Frightfest number 19 for me and still as excited as ever. Usual sense of anticipation for the announcement of the films and guests and the far less enjoyable anticipation of the nerve-wracking minutes online trying to book a good seat for a festival pass. Long gone the days of turning up at the Odeon West End to join a small queue just 30 mins before the passes went on sale!
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Or phoning the Prince Charles Cinema for a ticket. Festival 18 for me.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Good info to know in advance.

Remember folks, if you've not bought tickets before, register on the website beforehand to speed up the process/not lose your order.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

And if its anything like last year, be prepared for lots of time at the computer, clicking like mad. It's not something you can do in 5 minutes.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

TheDukeAbides wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:47 pm Good info to know in advance.

Remember folks, if you've not bought tickets before, register on the website beforehand to speed up the process/not lose your order.
When you say 'register on the website' what website do you mean? Cineworld? Prince Charles Cinema? Of register with Frightfest site itself? (In which case - what does that mean?)

I've not been to the full weekender since having a child, so that's back in the old Empire days. I'm pretty out-the-loop these days!
Twitter: @ArghZombies
argento1977
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by argento1977 »

To register in advance, just google Frightfest Nut Tickets. When it comes up, just click on log in, then on set up account, enter your details and you're good to go.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

argento1977 wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:56 am To register in advance, just google Frightfest Nut Tickets. When it comes up, just click on log in, then on set up account, enter your details and you're good to go.
Yeah, that doesn't bring up anything. Just links to the current Frightfest tickets page, with no registration options there.

Hopefully there'll be some way to pre-register, or buy tickets without being registered otherwise that's going to put people like me at a bit of a disadvantage.
Brooker!
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Brooker! »

ArghZombies wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:43 am Yeah, that doesn't bring up anything. Just links to the current Frightfest tickets page, with no registration options there.

Hopefully there'll be some way to pre-register, or buy tickets without being registered otherwise that's going to put people like me at a bit of a disadvantage.
Go here:
https://frightfest.nutickets.com/payment/login
Register there before the day and you're good to go.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Ah great, thanks! Should save a bit of time on Saturday.