Accommodation

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Accommodation

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Quite stunned to see High Holborn is the better part of £100 more expensive this time around than it was last year.

Booked elsewhere. Now just to wait for the Festival tickets and then a Virgin train ticket sale.
Brooker!
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Accommodation

Post by Brooker! »

Yeah, I spotted the price was higher than most people had mentioned in previous years.
Being the first year I PLANNED to stay in London for the duration, I did a bit of hunting around.

Honestly, settled for a Hub in Westminster.
A bit of a trek but I like the walk (assuming the weather is good) and it's cost half of what one on or near Leicester Square cost.
Just means taxi/uber if I do any of the after show stuff at night.
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Hello All

I normally start look for accommodation around Feb time. Saw the price for staying at HHH had gone up.
Now booked into the International Hall, Bloomsbury, London. Not sure if there any rooms left.
Maybe an extra 20mins walk or 5mins on the tube.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

I got the Z hotel, in soho. It's expensive but not far from the cinema
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

I booked the Covent Garden Hub, which was actually £10 cheaper than I paid last year. I still wouldn't call it cheap, but for 5 days in central London, over a bank holiday weekend, I'm happy at the £490 I paid. I stayed there last year, and it was perfect. Small, but very modern, loads of places to get food in the vicinity, perfect distance for a quick loo dash to avoid the cinema toilets. Close to Fopp too, in the event the stalls at FrightFest don't take all my money. :lol:
Brooker!
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Brooker! »

I stayed at the Covent Garden one last year, too.
Really nice (apart from leaky air-con night one which was sorted)

Trying to convince the wife to come with me this year so I kept the cost down from £500 to £300 going to the Westminster one. Hope it's decent.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

I pre-emptively grabbed a room at the St Giles Hotel just up from Tottenham Court Road station. Almost the same price as HHH (damn, they've gotten expensive over the years!) albeit without breakfast, and basically the same distance from Leicester Square. Plus: En Suite! Such luxuries!

Room is non-refundable though, so I best get a weekend ticket otherwise I'll be having a long weekend in London to myself with nothing to do!
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Phil Newton
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Phil Newton »

I've booked High Holborn - anyone else staying there this year?
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

I'm sure there will be some. But fewer every year. This is the first time (other than the bush year) that I've not been at HHH since 2007.
Still I'll be passing the HHH on way to new digs.
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Save on Sunday night's hotel by going here instead! :p

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceC ... ?f=7614149
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

sherbetbizarre wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:48 pm Save on Sunday night's hotel by going here instead! :p

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceC ... ?f=7614149
Ah, something to do if I don't manage to nab a weekend pass then!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Northumberland House (part of LSE like High Holborn is) is just off Trafalgar square, about 10 minutes walk from the cinema and usually comes out about the same price as HHH. It's currently £391 for five nights in a single room starting Thursday 23rd. No breakfast, but all the rooms are en-suite and you have access to a shared kitchen on each floor so you can sort your own food if you wish.

FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Another one for the Hub Club. I got five nights at the Brick Lane one for £237 - it's not the nearest but at that price I could get an Uber back every night and still be ahead of most of the other options. It's less than ten minutes walk from Liverpool Street, the area is inexpensive with lots of good food places and I can run into town on a morning if I'm feeling energetic :)

I can recommend the £5 Hub breakfast to anybody who isn't bothered about a fry - half the price of Pret for unlimited quantities the same sort of stuff. Commiserations to whoever got the St Giles, especially if its a hot weekend :s. God, I love a hotel thread.
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

FranksWildYears wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:14 pmCommiserations to whoever got the St Giles, especially if its a hot weekend :s.
Uh oh. What should I be concerned with then? No A/C?
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

FranksWildYears wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:14 pmI can recommend the £5 Hub breakfast to anybody who isn't bothered about a fry - half the price of Pret for unlimited quantities the same sort of stuff.
Covent Garden Hub breakfast isn't unlimited, just a choice from a reasonable menu for £5. Still much better value than anything else nearby though.