Accommodation

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
Brooker!
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Accommodation

Post by Brooker! »

FranksWildYears wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:14 pm Another one for the Hub Club. I got five nights at the Brick Lane one for £237 - it's not the nearest but at that price I could get an Uber back every night and still be ahead of most of the other options.
Pretty much my feelings when I booked Westminster.
And it's a lovely walk.
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

DJBenz wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:13 am Covent Garden Hub breakfast isn't unlimited, just a choice from a reasonable menu for £5. Still much better value than anything else nearby though.
Yeah, looking at CG (and Brick Lane) they seem to have a different system to the others, although it still looks good. I've stayed at Kings Cross, Goodge Street and Westminster and each of them have the unlimited buffet. I had to go back to bed for an hour :green:

ArghZombies wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:08 am Uh oh. What should I be concerned with then? No A/C?
The St Giles is well known for being a pit, which is why it's cheap. Tiny rooms, no A/C and you won't want to stand on the carpets in your bare feet so take flip flops for showers and in the room. I did a day of meetings there (admittedly a few years ago) and the room was so grim I left without staying the night. To be fair, it's not as if you'll be in it much - I was stuck in there all day which probably did make it worse.
Brooker!
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Brooker! »

FranksWildYears wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:56 pm
DJBenz wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:13 am Covent Garden Hub breakfast isn't unlimited, just a choice from a reasonable menu for £5. Still much better value than anything else nearby though.
Yeah, looking at CG (and Brick Lane) they seem to have a different system to the others, although it still looks good. I've stayed at Kings Cross, Goodge Street and Westminster and each of them have the unlimited buffet. I had to go back to bed for an hour :green:
This is awesome.
I liked the little breakfast at Covent Garden when I was there last year and kinda assumed the Westminster one was the same.
Just had a look and it's unlimited continental. Perfect!