Discovery/first blood tks

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Discovery/first blood tks

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Going smoothly so far.

Though this constant GDPR "can we contact you", step 2 extra screen for every ticket it a bit annoying.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

Managed to get a ticket for Dead Night and Crystal Eyes. Sadly every dot I try for The Night Sitter claims there's no ticket available. But even when I refresh the dots don't change to sold out... wonder if they have and I'm wasting my time, or if it's the system being a bit annoying.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Bit like that with One Cut of the Dead. Saturday sold out, Friday no passholder tickets. Gannets. Easy come, easy go.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

So frustrated, the Twitter account told me there are still tickets for The Night Sitter and they're able to select them, but for some reason I'm not able to. I've tried two different browsers, and my phone. I've tried logging in and out, being logged in and not being logged in when selecting a seat. I managed to get tickets for two other Disco screenings without issue.
cineBAKA
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by cineBAKA »

And as if by magic, finally got a seat for The Night Sitter.

That's Dead Night, The Night Sitter, and Crystal Eyes booked. Which is everything I wanted. :green:
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Loads of Passholder tickets for the new screening of One Cut now...hooray.
MrsE
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MrsE »

I got everything free except Night Sitter and Ghost Mask Scar. I caved and bought a ticket for GMS though.
husky1
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by husky1 »

This is bloody awful its doing the contact by email every time, some are saying pass holder tkts availble but then want you to pay for them. at this stage we may not come again
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

It went better than last year, just very slow and tedious doing the "can we contact you" screen every time. Having multiple screens open at once clearly did not work so it was just a case of doing them one. at. a. time....

I didn't get the whack-a-mole thing, with seats disappearing before my eyes like on weekend pass day, at all - which was almost worrying, it felt like something must be wrong.
D_Little
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by D_Little »

I can't seem to book any discovery screen tickets!
The instructions don't seem to be working for me I don't have the single ticket pass holder option and can't book anything.
Someone please help!
FranksWildYears
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by FranksWildYears »

Well I'm pretty gutted - out of twelve Discovery tickets I wanted I've only got two, so I now need to rethink pretty much half of my weekend and I have no idea what I'm going to do. My ticket for Bad Samaritan vanished into thin air at the Basket stage and I still don't know what happened; since I'm not that bothered about seeing Halloween again I'll likely be having a very early bath on the Thursday night. No shorts, no Possum, no Tigers, no Bluebird, no White Chamber, no Night Eats The World etc etc.

I vaguely remember people last year saying they had some success by hanging about on the day and seeing if there were empty seats at the screenings they wanted, so if anybody can post some hopeful stories I'd appreciate it. My budget doesn't stretch to ten single tickets on top of the pass price and at the moment I'm going to be spending far more time in Burger King than is good for anybody.

There are heaps of White Chamber tickets left.I took a while for them to come online, but they are there. Just check and looking like cover 100.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

D_Little wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:13 pm I can't seem to book any discovery screen tickets!
The instructions don't seem to be working for me I don't have the single ticket pass holder option and can't book anything.
Someone please help!
You've probably sussed it out by now and I don't know what stage you're at, but...

The orange seats on the seating plans are the ones available for pass holders. When you click on one, it'll go into your basket at the bottom of the screen as a pink rectangular bar, saying something like "Seat G1 Prince Charles". You then have to click ON that bar to get a drop-down which has an option to select a ticket for a weekend pass holder. Then carry on.
Wortsie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Wortsie »

The discovery screens were much bigger at Shepherds Bush Vue, but that's the trade-off for moving back into the West End...
MrsE
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MrsE »

FranksWildYears wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:20 pm Well I'm pretty gutted - out of twelve Discovery tickets I wanted I've only got two, so I now need to rethink pretty much half of my weekend and I have no idea what I'm going to do. My ticket for Bad Samaritan vanished into thin air at the Basket stage and I still don't know what happened; since I'm not that bothered about seeing Halloween again I'll likely be having a very early bath on the Thursday night. No shorts, no Possum, no Tigers, no Bluebird, no White Chamber, no Night Eats The World etc etc.

I vaguely remember people last year saying they had some success by hanging about on the day and seeing if there were empty seats at the screenings they wanted, so if anybody can post some hopeful stories I'd appreciate it. My budget doesn't stretch to ten single tickets on top of the pass price and at the moment I'm going to be spending far more time in Burger King than is good for anybody.
According to the Twitter feed there will be a standby line at their tickets desk on the day so worth trying that maybe.
MrsE
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MrsE »

Wortsie wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:02 pm The discovery screens were much bigger at Shepherds Bush Vue, but that's the trade-off for moving back into the West End...
I feel bad for saying it, but I preferred Shepherd's Bush, took me a bit longer to get home but the seats had more leg room and there was a Poundland for snacks.