Newbie - ticketing process

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
Afvertigo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Newbie - ticketing process

Post by Afvertigo »

Hi all,

I am new to FrightFest!
This will be my first year...
I have a ticket to Sunday (seeing The Man Who Killed Hitler..., Bodied, Terrified, Tigers Are Not Afraid) but Bodied and TANA are in a different screen.
I'm aware that individual tickets go on sale from 21st July and I'll be buying one for Climax on the Monday. Possibly Upgrade on Saturday too.

But I understand that I will also get a link to book for other screens at some point for other screens on the day of my day ticket.
Can someone explain the process if possible. Sorry I know I'll probably be the only one that doesn't understand it!

Any info would be amazingly helpful!

Absolutely cannot wait!

Ps any other recommendations would be great too. I love extreme horror as well as foreign gold horror!

Cheers all, have a great day 😜

Alex
(alexfrostpoet.com)
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Newbie - ticketing process

Post by TheDukeAbides »

As I understand it, the ticket process should work like this for you:

You'll have to buy individual film tickets for the Monday, as you know.

With the Sunday, as you have a ticket for the day you are entitled to see any film that day, but the the Discovery screen tickets (Tigers, Bodied) are in smaller screen(S) and everyone with that specific day pass or the weekend pass will have the chance to get tickets for those films when they go on sale on 18th August.

You won't get a link as such, just log back into the ticket website from noon on that day for a chance to get the tickets in the discovery screen you want to see for no extra charge.

It does seem the Tigers is going to be very popular and may go quickly so some will be disappointed, the option will still be there to pay to see it as you would a normal film, as you are doing for the Monday films.

Hope that makes sense, all the best.
Afvertigo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Afvertigo »

That's brilliant, thank you so much.

I can't get enough of reading up on FrightFest and planning my viewing for the weekend.
I'm going to try and go to LFF if only to see (hopefully) The House That Jack Built.
Seem to have a mini obsession with the challenging, controversial horror!

Just to check with something you said...
What is the difference between the tickets available on sale this Saturday (21st July) and the ones you say go on sale on 18th August?
Is it that there are tickets put aside for 18th just for people with a day pass?
Also, presumably the movies on the Arrow and Horror screens are identical (or nearly) because the Horror screen is dedicated to the people with a day or full pass and the other is 'bookable' on 18th August?

Thank you so much for your quick reply :-)

Alex
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

Afvertigo wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:15 am What is the difference between the tickets available on sale this Saturday (21st July) and the ones you say go on sale on 18th August?
Is it that there are tickets put aside for 18th just for people with a day pass?
Exactly that. Tickets go on sale for Discovery Screens this Saturday - so if you want a guaranteed seat for one of those films you can pay extra for it. On the 18th August the tickets put by for weekend/day pass holders become available to book (for free).
Also, presumably the movies on the Arrow and Horror screens are identical (or nearly) because the Horror screen is dedicated to the people with a day or full pass and the other is 'bookable' on 18th August?
Yep, identical programmes offset by 30 minutes to allow for guest introductions etc. Arrow Video is for Weekend Pass holders, Horror Channel is for day passes and single ticket purchasers.
Afvertigo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Afvertigo »

Hi DJBenz (or anyone else that sees this this evening),

Can you clarify for me please.
I have a day ticket for Sunday which will have Anna and the Apocalypse on at the end.
I really would prefer to see Tigers Are Not Afraid on Prince Charles Discovery 1.

Is it a massive gamble waiting until 18th August for tickets for that? Are a certain number put aside to ensure day ticketers have a decent shot at a ticket having already paid for the day? You said they do 'put by' tickets, so presumably it'd be first come first served on 18th, no difference to the same thing tomorrow?

I really want to see TANA, especially with the director attending the screening, but I'd be disappointed if I have to pay £14.50 to see it when I've already spent £57 for the day, which I've justified as a roughly £10 per film purchase over the 5 movies.

I'll be 100% buying ticket for Climax tomorrow, but that's the only movie i'll see that day so makes sense.

Alex
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Afvertigo wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:58 pmIs it a massive gamble waiting until 18th August for tickets for that? Are a certain number put aside to ensure day ticketers have a decent shot at a ticket having already paid for the day? You said they do 'put by' tickets, so presumably it'd be first come first served on 18th, no difference to the same thing tomorrow?

I really want to see TANA, especially with the director attending the screening, but I'd be disappointed if I have to pay £14.50 to see it when I've already spent £57 for the day, which I've justified as a roughly £10 per film purchase over the 5 movies.
They usually put aside half to a third of tickets for Main Screen holders and Tigers are Not Afraid is playing in the biggest Discovery screen. Make sure you're at your computer when the tickets go live and make it your priority and you should have a good chance of getting a ticket. I usually sit down with an ordered list of Discovery Screen tickets I want, and I always get my first two or three choices.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

12 noon on the 18th?