Frightfest Thanks

The place to discuss FrightFest 2018 - Dates this year are 23 - 27th August.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Frightfest Thanks

Post by Alex J »

A big thank you to Alan, Ian, Paul and Greg for another fantastic event! I know it's a lot of work and there are doubtless plenty of pains in the ass before and over the weekend, so I just hope the organisers get as much out of it as we all do. Thank you too to everyone else involved, the cinema staff, the guests, the guy who does the music between films, the pass stand crew, the stall staff and the countless others I haven't mentioned that make the festival work pretty muck like clockwork and so much fun! Thanks also to the audience - as they say, without the fans the event wouldn't happen and I was lucky enough to have plenty of good people around me too, which is always helpful for those of us who fly solo.
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Frightfest Thanks

Post by Whiptail »

Seconded!

Although maybe next year a few less lesbians make out scenes and people getting their throat slit. I know all the films were being fresh and diverse, but it loses its punch when they all do it at the same time.
Commodore
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Commodore »

Thirded.

My thanks to Ian, Paul, Alan, Greg and the army of helpers for putting on this year’s event and for looking after us.

To the last poster’s point - there was indeed repetition of certain themes, but this happens every year.

Recurring themes in 2018:
Peeing (yes, this was a thing)
Lesbians
Throat cutting
Home invasion

Not a complaint at all, just an observation. In previous years we have seen a given year’s festival feature repeated themes, like found footage or zombies, or the year when half the films seemed to feature someone ending up in a woodchipper.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

I'd also add creaking old wooden houses. Yes its a massive horror trope anyway but it seemed to be in every film this year.

Yes thanks to the four faces of FrightFest and everyone else behind the scenes who I see got their own credit list before Climax, a nice touch.

Also thanks to Whiptail (now the 3rd forum member I've met) and to Jen who sat on the other side of me.

No thanks to the guy sat slightly further down my row who had quite the loud nose blowing throughout all films and the weakest bladder I've witnessed. 5 trips during an 85 minute film is something I'd see the doctor about.