Spiral

jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Spiral

Post by jonbly »

6/10 - This one didn't make a lot of sense to me... why harrass them at all? Contrived to fit its social agenda.
ItWasAllGiallo
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Spiral

Post by ItWasAllGiallo »

I made the assumption that the harassment was carried out on the part of the Good samaritan character (using some twisted logic) to make the chosen victims “Get Out”.
Ridiculously heavy handed in it’s depiction of those being targeted in each case though I must say...
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

An intriguing descent into paranoia and madness, with some twists and turns along the way - some predictable, some less so. I enjoyed the full-on ending - I just wish it could have been a little longer. One of the best of the fest. 8 / 10
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

The director said it had just been finished a week ago for the festival - and it showed. Some editing required to tidy things up a bit (we were never really shown anything to suggest that Malik was on medication, only one scene where it seemed like he was driven back to it by the stress of the situation. And that was an important plot point given what was revealed later). Felt like it went on far too long. 2.5/5
MrsE
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by MrsE »

I too was confused as to where the message came from.
Spoiler:
By the end I assumed the satanists did it but why? Plenty of people turned out for the birthday party so the manipulation of hate hadn't worked that well and they would have got closer to their proposed victim by simply continuing to be friendly and welcoming. The whole storyline made much more sense for the previous victims a decade before.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

A good central performance but far too heavy on the "you're not from around here, are you boy" messaging.

Few too many horror troupes (dead girl with long black hair and doll eyes) thrown in just to convince the audience its a horror movie rather than just a drama.
leytonrocks
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by leytonrocks »

jonbly wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:11 pm 6/10 - This one didn't make a lot of sense to me... why harrass them at all? Contrived to fit its social agenda.
What was its social agenda?