Air Conditioning

TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Air Conditioning

Post by TheDukeAbides »

In 2020, if you feel the need to complain about how cold you are in the main screen when outside there is a horrible heatwave in what is already the unpleasant hell hole that is Leicester Square/London, take a fucking cardigan in with you.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Air Conditioning

Post by valido »

Another point of view could be "why should I take a fucking cardigan with me when outside it's fucking boiling and I could be fine in my own t-shirt". I'm sure the air-con doesn't have just two levels. But anyway: yes, better than boiling inside as well if that is what got you all worked up.
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

I had to wear long trousers as opposed to shorts and take a “fucking” hoodie with me to each screening. I was still uncomfortable on the super screen balcony, even wrapped up. Also uncomfortably hot outside because I was overdressing for the Baltic conditions inside.

Everyone is different, I like it frosty, I sleep at home with the window open all year round but that was still too cold for me in there.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

DJBenz wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:06 pm I had to wear long trousers as opposed to shorts
Yep, also this. And also I had to actually go out and buy the fucking cardigan on the spot if I wanted to survive the first day without getting sick. Way too strong air-con is still better than no air-con, but I'm sure we are allowed to demand a bit more from one of the most expensive screens in Europe.
kickasschewgum
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by kickasschewgum »

It seems that everyone at the front of the Arrow Screen complained about it being cold whereas everyone at the back of the Arrow screen (where I was) complained about it getting too hot. As Paul said, you can’t please everyone but at least the people at the front can put on an additional layer of clothing to get warmer.
valido
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by valido »

...finally some sort of explanation, thanks, wasn't aware of people still feeling hot at the back (I was bang in the middle, for instance)
danthsmith
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by danthsmith »

I was in the middle of the Arrow screen. it was freezing
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by The Soapmaker »

Row K of the Arrow Screen was cool enough to require an extra layer of clothing so I brought a hoody every day. Didn't mind at all, much better than being too hot.
ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by ChrisReynolds »

At the back of the Arrow screen was a very pleasant temperature, at least until the air con stopped working during Tales From the Lodge and it became unpleasantly hot. It seems the the air con blasts down on the seats at the front which doesn't seem like a good idea because cold air is denser and will build up at the bottom of the screen rather than circulate to provide equal coolness to all areas.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

Normal human response:

As has been noted, it was boiling at the back, as obviously hot air rises, so what felt like a lovely refreshing blast as you walked into the cinema sometimes quickly dissipated into the re-revealing of the layer of smog & shit & detritus that builds up on you simply standing around Leicester Square for 5 minutes.

What is it with rebooting everything though. Welcome to modern technology, we don't have dials and levers and switches we have hard reboots that take 15 minutes, say goodbye to that sit down meal you had planned.

Apologies to those narked if the OP was too curt.

Troll response:
Spoiler:
I had one in my head but I suppose what would the point really be other than to amuse myself further.
Whiptail
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Whiptail »

Im made of ice and snow, so I was uncomfortably hot in every theatre. The Prince Charles was so hot, sweat was pouring off of me and I have to keep wiping myself down with a flannel.