Dachra

ChrisReynolds
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Dachra

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Can anybody who saw this say what it was like? I think it was the first film to sell out in when Discovery tickets became available and all weekend I never met anybody who mentioned seeing it.
The Soapmaker
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Dachra

Post by The Soapmaker »

It was the only Discovery film I saw, and I had to buy a ticket.
It's about a group of journalism students whose work on a university project leads them to a remote village. Deciding to stay overnight is, needless to say, a bad idea.
There's nothing massively original about it, the characters do what stupid horror-movie characters do... but it might be a bit much to expect the first Tunisian horror film to break entirely new ground. It's interesting because despite the occasional cliches, the director gives a bit of an insight into life in modern (and not so modern) Tunisia. And it has a dark, impending-doom atmosphere which I found very effective.
AdeBrown
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Dachra

Post by AdeBrown »

As noted above, not so original in story, but some genuinely spooky moments, and an engaging (if not all likeable) trio at the centre.
The pacing was also good, delivering key moments at a steady pace through the film.

I wanted to see it because it promised a culturally interesting setting and it did not disappoint.
Although the horror trope of horrid psychiatric wards clearly crosses all borders.
My livejournal Frightfest reports from days gone by (2004 to 2011)
http://surprisetruck.livejournal.com/tag/frightfest