HOW TO WATCH

Discussion for all the 2020 Frightfest Events
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: HOW TO WATCH

Post by jonbly »

AndyJWS wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:21 pm Found a compatibility page with a test stream to allow testing of mirroring/console browsers - https://watch.eventive.org/account/play ... 0029055ca8
You need to enter an email address if you're not already registered. Hope this is of use!
No joy with the PS4 - I suspect the browser is a no-go. I could try the PS3 but I can't say I'd expect a different result.

Phone works fine with Chrome, fails with Firefox. So it's at least that picky.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

No success with a PS4, nor an Xbox, nor my telly's built-in functions. Next stop will be an Amazon fire stick that I acquired a few years back but have never used....
No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

I got my fire stick up and running, installed and signed up to roku, only for it to say that roku only works in the United States, by that means at least. Presumably no-one else has had any luck with a fire stick when you don't already have a laptop / PC?
filmfan
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by filmfan »

Frank Rizzo wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:22 pm There seems to be a glitch on the film viewing website. It won't let you book Playhouse followed by Blind because it thinks the two films are overlapping. Same with Two heads creek and hall, it looks like it won't work if the gap between the films is 2hrs. Ditto Blinders & Dark Stories.
This looks to be fixed now as I have been able to book Blind, Hall, and AV the Hunt which were the 3 I was having problems with.
cineBAKA
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by cineBAKA »

It’s a shame there’s no direct FireTV or console support, there are definitely a couple of films I would have happily bought tickets for. Sadly our holidays reset with furlough, and it’s too early to book time off, so the one I was most interested in (There’s No Such Thing As Vampires) I would just miss the start. I have something there’s a chance I can’t get out of on the Saturday night too, so the other one I really wanted to see (Blind) I could potentially have missed as well. I saw another festival taking a more preferable (to me) approach, by providing a 24-48 hour window to catch films after they start, but sadly they appear to be using the same platform.

Also worried about October. I would love to go, but still don’t feel comfortable booking my hotel with how things are. The amount of cases seem on the rise again since things have re-opened. I wonder if they will entertain an alternate digital festival alongside the actual one. And if their platform will have FireTV support by then. :lol:

Not trying to be negative here, I respect the best is being made of a bad situation. I actually think the pass price is great value too. I’m just kinda sad, it’s become a highlight of my year. On the bright side, I may finally venture up the Glasgow one next year for the first time, despite it being far closer to me.
TheDukeAbides
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by TheDukeAbides »

cineBAKA wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:56 pm It’s a shame there’s no direct FireTV or console support, there are definitely a couple of films I would have happily bought tickets for. Sadly our holidays reset with furlough, and it’s too early to book time off, so the one I was most interested in (There’s No Such Thing As Vampires) I would just miss the start. I have something there’s a chance I can’t get out of on the Saturday night too, so the other one I really wanted to see (Blind) I could potentially have missed as well. I saw another festival taking a more preferable (to me) approach, by providing a 24-48 hour window to catch films after they start, but sadly they appear to be using the same platform.
Rather off topic and I don't know what your contract at your place of work is but as far as I'm aware no holidays should have been "reset with furlough."

If needs be I'd speak to ACAS

https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus/using-holiday
cineBAKA
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by cineBAKA »

TheDukeAbides wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:58 pmRather off topic and I don't know what your contract at your place of work is but as far as I'm aware no holidays should have been "reset with furlough."

If needs be I'd speak to ACAS

https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus/using-holiday
Reset is probably the wrong word, we’re not losing any holidays, anything outstanding rolls into next year, but we have been told we need to work a full 12 weeks again before taking a holiday. Which would be October for me. I do appreciate the link, but honestly just happy to still have a job, given the current climate. Hopefully things ease by October, so the decision to attend will be easier.
cineBAKA
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by cineBAKA »

Back on topic, for anyone who didn’t catch the livestream, they mentioned Fire Stick / TV support is the next thing they’re working on. Hoping to have it done in time for the festival.
Alex J
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Alex J »

Thanks for the update, that's good to know - I have one other option to try tomorrow, otherwise the fire stick will be my final chance!
anaana
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by anaana »

It is a shame viewing has to be geo-locked in this day and age. I was looking forward to even a digital festival at full price, but now I have to miss out altogether. My first miss since 2004 :|
phillip 1964
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by phillip 1964 »

still don't know what I'm working over festival so will I be able to select and pay for single films just before they come on
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Hmm... I bought the pass, booked the two short film showcases... and now it won't let me book anything else. "This pass has already been used to reserve a ticket to an event that occurs at the same time as this event."
ukpirate
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by ukpirate »

jonbly wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:39 pm Hmm... I bought the pass, booked the two short film showcases... and now it won't let me book anything else. "This pass has already been used to reserve a ticket to an event that occurs at the same time as this event."
Apparently that's a known problem. Ian mentioned it in the online chat. It's all fine if you book them last, but if you do it first it screws up further bookings. Worth contacting the team to fix.
jonbly
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by jonbly »

Yup, I've been fixed by cancellation of the short film bookings.

...and successfully booked my choices, then booked the shorts.
Sue77
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Sue77 »

I've had a look at what browsers are supported and Microsoft Edge isn't featured.
Is this likely to cause an issue?