The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
zombegirl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Post by zombegirl »

Hello all on the forum, I,m a newbie too! :) I hope that i will make it up to Frightfest this year for the weekend, if money permits. What i wanted to ask was does anyone know of reasonably priced accomodation nearby the venue and roughly how much money should i need for food/merch that kind of thing?
Stark
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Stark »

High Holborn Halls is close and not too expensive and I think still has some reasonably priced rooms left. (http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/residence ... olborn.htm)

The Halls are about £50 a night depending on the options with breakfast included. Other food and a few drinks on top can (depending how you budget) cost between £10 and £50 a day (at a guess). Again, that'll depend on how you enjoy the event. Outside of the FF ticket (which is itself great value in my opinion) and accommodation you can enjoy yourself quite frugally.
They're coming for you Barbara...
zombegirl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zombegirl »

Thanx for the help Stark. I think i may have enough for the w/e ticket itself(is it about 140 pound?
Stark
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Stark »

I think this years price is still to be determined. Your figure seems a reasonable guess though so you should be ok.
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

Hi guys
Could do with a few more suggestions as to where to stay. To be honest the weekend pass will take up most of my budget & so the 50 quid a night HHH place is stretching it. A B&B would be ideal for me :)

Cheers
zombegirl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zombegirl »

I have to agree that i would prefer to stay in a B+B. As well as my travel costs, coming from Bath, i need some ideas from alternative accomodation.
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

For a single room, the Holborn Halls are £30 a night, not £50.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

I was gonna say £50 sounds a lot

If I remember correctly, LSE vacations just take a deposit at first with the rest payable on arrival. So you could just do that this month and start saving a bit for spends this month and next.

Then in July the bulk purchase will be the ticket

Then in August save up for any more spends/merchandise you might want.

HHH has kitchens on each floor so in the afternoon gap I sometimes used to pop back and make myself a quick meal or something in the microwave, saved a fortune on eating out. There is a Sainsburys a few mins walk up Holborn as well.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
Stark
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Stark »

Sorry if my 50 quid scared anyone, wasn't meant to. I was just quoting the rough mean between the single and double on the link I posted. I know that a double has been around the 50 mark for me in the past. It is very cheap though... and perfectly servicable too.

On the subject of value: HHH is a B&B and probably as cheap as you'll find within walking distance (so you save on travel and time). Plus you have the added benefit of staying where many of the other atendees are kipping so there's normally a group you can follow back, meaning you're not left alone to wander through London late at night.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

I just booked a HHH twin yesterday for 4 nights (thurs-sun) and it came to £176, which my maths tells me is £44 a night. It's cheaper than usual, as they're currently offering 25% off for the end of August. The deposit has gone up slightly, I remember in the past it was only about £10, this time it was £44.
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Strange, just looked at HHH and for 5 nights it came to £150. Discount rate. Fingers crossed I can book it next pay day....
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Piccadilly Backpackers is nice and central and reasonably cheap if you don't mind sharing:

http://www.piccadillyhotel.net/

There are plenty of guesthouses too around the Paddington / Kings Cross area which are also worth considering, especially if there's a small group of you coming.

http://www.jesmondhotel.org.uk/

As per last year, I'll be staying at the Jesmond Hotel just round the corner from Goodge St tube station - good location, only takes 15 mins to walk to the Empire, adequate facilities and breakfast included.

We're paying £120 per night for 4 of us sharing.
First things first, stay calm.
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

zappa fan wrote:Strange, just looked at HHH and for 5 nights it came to £150. Discount rate. Fingers crossed I can book it next pay day....
Was that for a single?
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
zombegirl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zombegirl »

Just booked my accomodation at HHH. Paid 17.25 deposit. Not bad I,d say, but that is a single room. Now all i need is money for the w/e ticket.............
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Don't listen to soulmining he recommended that place to those kids in HOSTEL 1 & 2!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D