The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

SarahP wrote:Hi all. I have a cushion related question. Being my first FF i just wondered if we have to carry our cushions there on a daily basis and away each evening or are we able to leave it in our seats for the duration of the festival? Also i'm after a really cool cushion, any sugestions on where to shop?
Play.com have Chucky and Bride of Chucky cushions... Forbidden Planet also have a little range
You can leave them in the seat during the day (if your a wekend passholder with the same seat all day) but I dont think they can be left overnight
I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
SarahP

Post by SarahP »

Thank you. The cushion hunt continues...........
Vampirella
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Vampirella »

I would rather be hated every damn day of my life for being real than loved for being something I'm not...
lupogirl
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by lupogirl »

Agree about the idea about the water. Don't quite want to overdo it on the beer snoooze through most films. Want to be semi conscious!

Sweets. Yum. Non rustling variety. Midget Gems are particularly fruity.

For a run like the clappers and getting something non greasy. Subway. Only a short gallop from the cinema.

Most importantly phones. Turn right off. Not on silent. Your face will light up a darken row. You don't really want to get off the wrong foot with person your sitting with for 5 days!
"We Who Walk Here Walk Alone"
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

soulmining wrote:With regards to checking the forum for meet-ups etc, that reminds me - and I hope Rob doesn't mind me mentioning - that we've having a pre-FrightFest gathering at The Phoenix Artist Club (off Charing Cross Road) on Friday 15th August from 6.30pm onwards to celebrate our joint birthdays - all FrightFesters are welcome!
I was planning on coming down for this, but I don't think I'll be able to. :(
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

I can't wait till next year to be a part of the full festival

Untill then I hope to speak to some of you at this years
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

That's a shame... but it'll only be another week until FF kicks off proper so we'll be able to catch up with you then.
First things first, stay calm.
mean simmons
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by mean simmons »

hi folks, i posted this on the facebook site but then found this place which seems more active! anyhoos, myself and some friends are going to midnight meat train and tokyo gore police on saturday night and we're looking for after show drinks suggestions, the phoenix arts club looks marvellous - does it close at 2am or 3am on a saturday night/sunday morning?and will they let you in if you're attending the fest in gore uniform??? any over suggestions for where people will be heading very appreciated. I've been to the past 3 fests but only to specific films and never a late saturday show so i guess i haven't been completely deflowered yet!
yours,
mean simmons :lol:
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Hi Mean. Welcome to the forums!

Next year you really should take the plunge and get a weekend pass. Immerse yourself in the full frightfest experience. There really is nothing quite like it! I am looking forwards to this more than I am looking forwards to my holiday abroad this year!

Sorry can't help on the after show drinking suggestions as I like to get myself to bed after the show and get up in time for the start the next day! I can't be falling asleep in too many films, think i managed to stay away for everything except Skinwalkers and The devil dared me too last year!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Goosebumps
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Post by Goosebumps »

soulmining wrote:
* Continuing on from the previous point, don't be afraid to talk to Alan, Paul and Ian. They don't bite! A huge part of the festival's success stems from the approachability of the FF organisers and their team - remember first and foremost they are fans just like us. And Paul and Ian always welcome a free beer if you're at the bar :wink:

I’d add the Lovelies in that! I got a tracker bar from a Lovelie at the all nighter which was much needed :)
goregoregirl
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Question

Post by goregoregirl »

Can someone please explain what the "sleepy queue" is?

For various reasons (money, work etc.) I haven't been able to get a W/E pass since '04, but am planning on getting one this year. In the past I would just go down to the box office the morning they went on sale and be able to buy a pass no problems.
orlovsky
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Re: Question

Post by orlovsky »

goregoregirl wrote:Can someone please explain what the "sleepy queue" is?

For various reasons (money, work etc.) I haven't been able to get a W/E pass since '04, but am planning on getting one this year. In the past I would just go down to the box office the morning they went on sale and be able to buy a pass no problems.
That's pretty much it. only the "Die Hards" start queueing about 26 hours early :)
"I see the bad moon arising.."
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

lol my mate wants to go see Priscilla on my Burfday so I'd not be in the queue until 11pm-ish :)
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

Btw, I'll probably be revising this thread for this year's programme so if anyone has any further useful tips, do's and don't's then get posting!
First things first, stay calm.
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

Looking forward to the updated guide, will be using some of the tips i would think.

Depending on the heat in the screen and the chance of falling asleep we may take our slanket and a couple of pillows.

Best thing for when you feel a little unfresh is an unfragranced wet wipe(refreshing and unlike deodorant it wont choke everyone around you).

Lucozade and water are essentials as well as hard boiled sweets.

Normally would take a cool bag but since i'll be staying in HHH wont have a freezer to put the freezer packs in.

that's my only feedback but i don't have as much frightfest experience as most people on here.