The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Post by Pukka »

streetrw wrote:For a single room, the Holborn Halls are £30 a night, not £50.
That's more like it :) Can't make a booking until the weekend though (hope there's rooms left)
Need to check I can get a few days off work too.

Can someone please confirm which day and approx time the films kick off...last film ends on & at..
with working nights, I need to work out how many holidays to take from work and also will be wanting a night off work when I get home.

:)
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xLeft For Deadx »

Pukka wrote:
streetrw wrote:For a single room, the Holborn Halls are £30 a night, not £50.
That's more like it :) Can't make a booking until the weekend though (hope there's rooms left)
Need to check I can get a few days off work too.

Can someone please confirm which day and approx time the films kick off...last film ends on & at..
with working nights, I need to work out how many holidays to take from work and also will be wanting a night off work when I get home.

Starts on Thursday 26th August. It usually starts in the early evening, say 6pm ish. Finishes on Monday 30th August, last film usually ending around 11-11:30pm.
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

xLeft For Deadx wrote:
zappa fan wrote:Strange, just looked at HHH and for 5 nights it came to £150. Discount rate. Fingers crossed I can book it next pay day....
Was that for a single?
Yeah
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

For some reason the prices have dropped for some people... grrrrrrr
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Satans Puppy wrote:For some reason the prices have dropped for some people... grrrrrrr
I think its depends upon the site you use to book it. Some offer a 25% discount, others don't.
"The suspect is armed with a machete in one hand, and his genitals in the other."
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

Cheers for that xLeft for Deadx :)
Managed to get Wed - Tues off work so that's a start :)
zombegirl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zombegirl »

Can i just ask, if you do the sleepy queue and get your w/e ticket, is there a booking fee on top?
Also what time is recommended to get to the queue that morning? :)
xLeft For Deadx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

zombegirl wrote:Can i just ask, if you do the sleepy queue and get your w/e ticket, is there a booking fee on top?
Also what time is recommended to get to the queue that morning? :)
As far as I remember, you just pay the flat fee for the ticket if you pay in person.

Starting times for the sleepy queue vary dramatically. Some people are adamant about sitting in the front row, and are willing to queue up from sometime around 24 hours before the tickets go on sale, others turn up 30-60 minutes before they go on sale. Personally, I get there around 8-9 am and have always got the seats I wanted, but I only care that I'm near the middle of a row and quite far back. If you want something specific (front few rows or end of a row), then it may be better to arrive early. The queue last year was huge in comparison to previous years, and I can only imagine it being even longer this year.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

I got there about 10.30am after getting lost and got a lovely seat in row J next to the very nice Richard, Phil, Giz and Airdog for company.

I suppose if you really had more of a preference or you want group seats, the earlier the better is my advice.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

Hi guys/gals :)

Just check for me High Holborn, 178 High Holborn.... This is the same Holborn Halls everyone mentions?

And also, what's a sleepyqueue? Please don't tell me people have got to queue up outside the cinema 3 days just to get a good seat :(...put me down for front centre! :D
zombegirl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zombegirl »

Hi Pukka! :) I,m a newbie to the forum and after many times scouring the forums, I,m pretty sure that 178 High Holborn is the place because that,s where i,ve booked to stay(at least i hope so!) It,s in Covent Garden isn,t it? I,m planning on coming up to London early-ish on 3rd July to join the sleepy queue.
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

Yes Pukka and Zombegirl that is the same High Holburn Halls that a lot of us will be staying at. Only tip would be to avoid puppy, everyone else is lovely.

Starting to get excited about August already. It's ten times worse when the postcards from Cannes start and you know we're only around the corner from the full line up being revealed.

Anyways, hello new frightfesters welcome to the frightfest family.
zombegirl
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by zombegirl »

Hello Feggie. :) Seeing as i,m coming to FF on my own for my very first one, I was quite worried that it would be difficult talking to people, but you all seem like a friendly bunch. :lol:
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Never be afraid to speak to anyone, when people say it is a friendly festival, I will vouch for that being true.

If you doing the full 5 days you will get well aquainted with those around you, let's be honest 5 days of strangers company and you will inevitably get chatting and get to know more people.

People say to me why is it that I rave on about how good FF is but it is an atmosphere like no other, that's why i'm gutted to be missing this summer.
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

Just booked my HHH stay at £180 for 6 nights, arriving Wednesday....maybe there's something to do in London that extra day?

I never actually use trains, can't remember the last time I was on one. Train fare from Wakefield to London is bizarre - Single is £82. Return £83 :? I am checking out moneysavingexpert.com for ways to cut this down and advise other 'Savers' do so too. One link I ended up on (transportdirect.info) quoated me £21(!) for an example single journey in June but there's no details for Augusts schedule yet so will have to check back..