The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Post by Malky »

streetrw wrote:
Malky wrote:Are seats numbered? A mate and I are going and therefore will want to sit together. Will we have to book our passes at the same time? or do you just claim any seats you can find?

Yes, the seats are allocated and you get that seat for the duration.

Thanks I will just get him to wire me the cash before booking said tickets.

As for the booze can you just bring your own? We're Scottish we need a constant supply of Tennants or Irn Bru.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Malky wrote:
streetrw wrote:
Malky wrote:Are seats numbered? A mate and I are going and therefore will want to sit together. Will we have to book our passes at the same time? or do you just claim any seats you can find?

Yes, the seats are allocated and you get that seat for the duration.

Thanks I will just get him to wire me the cash before booking said tickets.

As for the booze can you just bring your own? We're Scottish we need a constant supply of Tennants or Irn Bru.
GFT only allow you to drink alcohol bought on the premises as that is what the license allows. I imagine the license in the Empire is the same though I believe there is no alcohol in the auditorium during the screenings?

Irn Bru is available in abundance in London now. How you travelling down I'm getting the train.
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

daveroughcut wrote:
GFT only allow you to drink alcohol bought on the premises as that is what the license allows. I imagine the license in the Empire is the same though I believe there is no alcohol in the auditorium during the screenings?

Irn Bru is available in abundance in London now. How you travelling down I'm getting the train.
Flying from Prestwick its a £36 return which is decent
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

Malky wrote:
daveroughcut wrote:

Damn, your 400 mile flight + return is actually a few quid cheaper than my 60 mile return train journey from Southampton will be. Stupid trains.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
Malky
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Malky »

ArghZombies wrote:
Malky wrote:
daveroughcut wrote:

Damn, your 400 mile flight + return is actually a few quid cheaper than my 60 mile return train journey from Southampton will be. Stupid trains.
Getting from my front door to Central London and back utilising planes, trains and automobiles(buses) will be about £80 all in.
daveroughcut
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by daveroughcut »

Malky wrote:
daveroughcut wrote:

Yeah plus the buses from the airport. Train cost me £85 get me right to Euston from Motherwell. Sorted.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

ArghZombies wrote:
Tell me about it.

Public transport costs p*ss me off.
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

And of course those of us that have to use the trains are buying their tickets online? My Wakefield-Kings Cross return was £34, about the same as last year I think. I'm not sure, but I think going to a station and booking a journey might cost tons more?
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Yeah, I book mine online. Not sure but I think it's supposed to be more expensive buying on the day. Also trains get fully booked sometimes, so unless you want to stand up.....
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

I get my train tickets the stsrt of August, usually pay around £70 for returns. Not sure what you call them but they're tickets you HAVE to be on, HAVE to be in that certain seat etc.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Booking my train on payday... SQUEEEEEEE!!!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Satans Puppy wrote:Booking my train on payday... SQUEEEEEEE!!!
Me too SQUUUEEEEEEE

Damn it your making me say squee now! :)
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

maxmum wrote:
Satans Puppy wrote:Booking my train on payday... SQUEEEEEEE!!!
Me too SQUUUEEEEEEE

Damn it your making me say squee now! :)
Squee is an expression of ones excitement and happiness... or extreme violence... but you know it all depends on the situation. Learn from the films and thou shall avoid the latter Squeeeeeee.....

YAY!! EXCITEMENT and Skintness!!! Damn you Frightfest!!!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

Ahem people and train tickets.....

If you ask a man in the know he may just find you a good deal and if you are going from Manchester - London then I shall get you on with me (just buy a ticket, any ticket) and try and get us into First too, tho I make no promises it's not usually an issue for people travelling with me.

If not then either me or the missus is good at locating deals (she works in the ticket office at Manchester Piccadilly), so if you give me your starting station I will try help you find a good deal.
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
Marlin
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Marlin »

With all due respect, it seems the opinions on the festival are becoming like a collection of the same rants that occur every year.

People aren't nice enough to newbies - check.

It's all racial - check.

Drunk people are annoying - check.

People got in the way during freebie handouts - check.

Much as I understand SOME of these issues, the reality is it's a festival. Go to Reading, Glastonbury or V and exactly the same things happens, times ten. Give Cannes or Austin a go and you'll scream. I go to major festivals all over the world, and the reality is, if free shit is up for grabs, ticket holders tend to go for it.

The racist thing really pisses me off - I'm surrounded by black people who seem to enjoy the whole thing without issue. Perhaps we all need to look at ourselves a bit when it comes to getting involved. If you chat and make the effort, most people will do likewise - my neighbours seem happy enough. There isn't a racial bone in this festival's anatomy.

Phones - annoying, yes. Hate it? Yes. But is it really enough of a problem to act like someone has raped your mother? I think not. I do despise it, but the way some go on, you'd think it was the sole reason Inbred was awful. I wonder if some people arrive at these events looking for reasons to be irritable. There was a person who came a few years ago and complained about every aspect of the festival from a disabled point of view. Despite the organisers doing their best to reply to said issues, she still whinged, moaned and complained for the next 48 months. Fix one problem? Always a new one. Obviously, we're aiming to be as inclusive as possible, but sometimes it feels like the guys are putting in a huge amount of effort just to be slagged off over semantics. Of course everyone should be welcome, but let's face it, a festival is just that - a celebration for all. That the majority are who the planning is based around seems logical, not selective. They make it as open as possible, but that's it. What more should they do?

No doubt I'll be called a nazi for this post, but I find it very sad that certain people pick up on the nitty gritty and seem to look to complain. A lot of effort goes in to the whole weekend and just because it doesn't achieve A1 status from every single person who isn't a WASP comes across, to me, as sour grapes.

Just an alternative viewpoint.

:)