The Rough Guide to FrightFest

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

One thing I would say is if you are bringing food with you, please bring a carrier bag to take your rubbish away with you. The floor is not a rubbish bin and the cinema staff are not paid enough to clean up after people - sorry but this really annoys me at every FF event.
If only we were amongst friends... or sane persons!
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Hello Doris! wrote:One thing I would say is if you are bringing food with you, please bring a carrier bag to take your rubbish away with you. The floor is not a rubbish bin and the cinema staff are not paid enough to clean up after people - sorry but this really annoys me at every FF event.
But they are paid? Besides they stole my carrier bag last time... soooo... lol
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by soulmining »

I'm busy revising the 'Rough Guide' this week, so any further feedback or tips welcomed... :)
First things first, stay calm.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Yep, make sure if you want to nip off (whether for toilet trip or to get food or drink), make sure you leave an item of clothing or bag or something on your seat or else it will be gone by the time you get back (yep, even weekend pass holders who have paid for the same seat all weekend) - I remember some cheeky swines who almost tried to start on us when we asked them to move out of our seats last year!

Might seem like an immature thing to do (bagsying your seat with a coat, etc) but it really is the easiest way to avoid a scrap, or losing your seat... :-)
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

We had that in Martyrs last year, this French woman couldn't understand that if she sat in the front row she'd have some angry people after her. :lol:
She even had the cheek to ask if we'd move!
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

hehe yep, it's amazing how angry we get over a seat, but it is nice to know you'll have the same seat throughout the fest - especially the guys (and gals) at the front who queue for so long to get those seats! :-)
Grindhouse
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Grindhouse »

Sleep we all need it,try nipping out if your staying in accomodation to get some rest when you can,its worth it to miss out on a movie and come back refreshed to the screen,it will also make the film more enjoyable.
"Time To Nut Up Or Shut Up"
Hello Doris!
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by Hello Doris! »

when you say refreshed do you also mean clean? :lol:
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Don't be a wuss and jump... your friends laugh at you and then they tell all the other hardened frightfesters how many times and how powerful said jump was....

I swear inbetween every film I felt my balls shrivel up as Maxi retold the jumping tales to SarahP :cry:

I'm a big girly girl!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

*returns to Doris for extra therapy and ridicule... when that isn't enough runs over to Mr O and seeks comfort in his man bosom*
fd
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by fd »

Hello Doris! wrote:We had that in Martyrs last year, this French woman couldn't understand that if she sat in the front row she'd have some angry people after her. :lol:
She even had the cheek to ask if we'd move!
LOL at the spanish guy who got booed at the Orphange screening loudly protesting/complaining about his seat. ;)
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Satans Puppy wrote:Don't be a wuss and jump... your friends laugh at you and then they tell all the other hardened frightfesters how many times and how powerful said jump was....

I swear inbetween every film I felt my balls shrivel up as Maxi retold the jumping tales to SarahP :cry:

I'm a big girly girl!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

*returns to Doris for extra therapy and ridicule... when that isn't enough runs over to Mr O and seeks comfort in his man bosom*
Aww that reminds me of last year, this poor guy who was sat next to me during Martyrs, out of his seat and cursing "oh my god" and "fucking hell" everytime something bad happenned. Bless.

But don't be mean with that, not everyone has the same tolerance level of shocks or can tell when something scary is gonna happen and maybe they enjoy that being scared moment anyway.

But ideally no jumpers in J row please lol
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Oh I'm not an audible jumper... I'm a clench and hiccup type jump to try not to disturb those around us ... depends if the row wobbles or not :D

Plus I take a pillow to hug... it's only when dogs, cats or other cute animals bite the dust that an audible whine escapes my geeky lips. :(
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

Awww bless

My moment is usually anything medical related, especially needles.

Ripping people limb from limb is fine though
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
feggie
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by feggie »

Yeah i think I'm the same medical tends to make me squirm but anything else i'm fine with.

During Martyrs(just watched it for the first time 2 weeks ago) i got a bit squeamish at the nails/staples being pried from the womans head using the screwdriver. On the other hand my girlfriend was calling me and our friend pussies cos she was fine with it. Then again any dead animals and she cant look near the screen
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Eyeball puncturing and Road traffic accidents are the worst for me. :(
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup