Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
deadboxoffice
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Saying hello :-)

Post by deadboxoffice »

"Hello!" :D
Hi everyone, my names Ben, I'm 25 from sunny Manchester...

Ashamed to say I've only just discovered FrightFest, but it sounds absolutely awesome. Me and my good friend Adam are self-confessed horror film geeks lol. We recently started up a youtube channel where we intend to review horror films & had the intention of reviewing "The Last Exorcist".

It would be amazing to be able to come down to FrightFest on Monday the 30th for the day and be at the premier of The Last Exorcist (If I had the time and the funds I'd want to attend the whole 5 days!) but I'm not too sure how practical it's going to be... :(
Ah well, crossing my fingers we'll be able to make it one way or another!! :D

P.S. Last Exorcist is a PG13...? :? Really?! That's not very encouraging is it, lol - we'll see.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadBoxOffice <------- my Horror Movie Reviews
deadboxoffice
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Newbies!

Post by deadboxoffice »

Ola - I'm very much a nooooob, and not even 100% sure I can attend :roll: (What a douche! I hear you cry...)

My names Ben, 25, from Manchestaaaaaar (though I don't speak like a Gallagher - honest!) & my favourite horror film is the original 'Dawn of the Dead'.
Currently trying to organise a trip with my friend Adam for Monday the 30th, but not a huge amount of funds & the last train back up North aint late enough :( Ah well, maybe we can wander the London streets 'till the following morn and then re-enact scenes from 28 Days Later :lol:

Severely jealous of those who live near London! :P lol
Nice to meet everyone!!

P.S. If you want to put a face to the name, I'm to be found rambling about my favourite horror film on this video, hehe. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadBoxOffice
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Ben from Manchester!

Cool, welcome Ben - more northerners are always welcome :P
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

Welcome Ben, I hope you can make it on the Monday, FF is brilliant!!
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

deadboxoffice wrote:Ola - I'm very much a nooooob, and not even 100% sure I can attend :roll: (What a douche! I hear you cry...)

My names Ben, 25, from Manchestaaaaaar (though I don't speak like a Gallagher - honest!) & my favourite horror film is the original 'Dawn of the Dead'.
Currently trying to organise a trip with my friend Adam for Monday the 30th, but not a huge amount of funds & the last train back up North aint late enough :( Ah well, maybe we can wander the London streets 'till the following morn and then re-enact scenes from 28 Days Later :lol:

Severely jealous of those who live near London! :P lol
Nice to meet everyone!!

P.S. If you want to put a face to the name, I'm to be found rambling about my favourite horror film on this video, hehe. http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadBoxOffice
I've never understood the train times from london to Manchester you'd think the last one would be 23:30ish after the musicals and sight seeing stuff is done... but noooooooooo.

The last coach from victoria station is at like 23:30 now, you might consider that as an option :)
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I'm getting a coach instead of trains, it's the same amount of time for traveling and it's cheaper.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
world_of_skin
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by world_of_skin »

Hi Ben, really like the video - going to watch your review videos from now on :)

Do you know if you can come to FF yet?
"But what if one of you is the monster?"
"Monster? We're *British*, you know..."
deadboxoffice
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deadboxoffice »

Thanks for the friendly replies guys! :D (Maxmum, **suzy**, Satans Puppy & world_of_skin) Very nice to get some feedback.

I looked at coaches and that seems like the cheapest mode of travel :P LOL, which is pretty important at the moment - and they run later to!
I'm not 100% sure, but even if my friend can't make it, I may just go out on a limb and come down by myself... :? Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh? I guess I'll have to hurry and make a decision soon though, otherwise tickets will no doubt sell out!!
Well, if I keep posting on this forum I may be able to make some friends to meet up with down there?

Thanks again for making me feel welcome - and for watching my little video! :D Cheers guys
Ben
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

deadboxoffice wrote:Thanks for the friendly replies guys! :D (Maxmum, **suzy**, Satans Puppy & world_of_skin) Very nice to get some feedback.

I looked at coaches and that seems like the cheapest mode of travel :P LOL, which is pretty important at the moment - and they run later to!
I'm not 100% sure, but even if my friend can't make it, I may just go out on a limb and come down by myself... :? Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh? I guess I'll have to hurry and make a decision soon though, otherwise tickets will no doubt sell out!!
Well, if I keep posting on this forum I may be able to make some friends to meet up with down there?

Thanks again for making me feel welcome - and for watching my little video! :D Cheers guys
Ben
Sweetie, you come find me and I'll look after you lol You won't be on your own

PS, get a move on and get your ticket before they sell out lol You don't want to work yourself up to going and then cant get a ticket
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
deadboxoffice
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deadboxoffice »

This is a VERY noob question - but I wasn't totally clear on it. Hopefully somebody can explain easily enough!!

If I buy a Monday Pass, how do I make sure I get to see the films I want? Do I have to queue to get each ticket? And how do I ensure I get a good seat etc... :? Surely there will be some disappoint people if a certain film is more popular than another and all seats are taken up?

Thanks!! Totally newbie question I know :oops:
Ben
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

deadboxoffice wrote:This is a VERY noob question - but I wasn't totally clear on it. Hopefully somebody can explain easily enough!!

If I buy a Monday Pass, how do I make sure I get to see the films I want? Do I have to queue to get each ticket? And how do I ensure I get a good seat etc... :? Surely there will be some disappoint people if a certain film is more popular than another and all seats are taken up?

Ben

Ben, a Monday day pass will allow you to see all the films on the main screen, you choose a seat from those avalible when you buy your ticket. If you want to see somthing on the Discovery Screen then you can request a ticket from the box office that morning. The Discovery Screen is very small so you want to try and get a ticket first thing on the Monday morning.
Last edited by Malachi on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadboxoffice
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deadboxoffice »

Malachi wrote:
deadboxoffice wrote:This is a VERY noob question - but I wasn't totally clear on it. Hopefully somebody can explain easily enough!!

Ben

Ben are you talking about the discovery screen films or just the Monday films in general?
Sorry - I'm a bit slow on the uptake! :oops: LOL.
I get it now. When booking my tickets for Monday it let me choose a seat - so obviously I've got that reserved for all the main films on Monday. Then if I want to see a film on the Discovery screen, I guess I queue in the morning & it's first come, first served.
Malachi
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Malachi »

deadboxoffice wrote:
Malachi wrote:

Ben

Ben are you talking about the discovery screen films or just the Monday films in general?
Sorry - I'm a bit slow on the uptake! :oops: LOL.
I get it now. When booking my tickets for Monday it let me choose a seat - so obviously I've got that reserved for all the main films on Monday. Then if I want to see a film on the Discovery screen, I guess I queue in the morning & it's first come, first served.

Yeah that's right. I think the Discovery Screen tickets are going to go fast this year, shame there's so few seats in there!
deadboxoffice
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deadboxoffice »

Thanks! Will make sure to get there early and avoid disappointment.
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

Ben good stuff man i am a one day newbie too and cant wait i am sure you will have a cracking time.
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.