Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Re: Newbies!

Post by **suzy** »

I only went for the day last year and made a promise to myself that I'd go for the whole 5 days this year. You really will have a fantastic time :D
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
rawshark
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by rawshark »

Yep - nice vid Ben.. Welcome to FrightFest - am sure you'll have a great Monday! :D
It's horrible... I love it... What is it?
deadboxoffice
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by deadboxoffice »

Ok!
I officially have a day ticket for Monday now... Row N, seat 44. Anyone sitting near me? :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeadBoxOffice <------- my Horror Movie Reviews
ZombieCommand
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by ZombieCommand »

deadboxoffice wrote:Ok!
I officially have a day ticket for Monday now... Row N, seat 44. Anyone sitting near me? :D
Can't remember my seat any more, Q42 maybe, near-ish.
Saving you from the zombocalypse one forum post at a time - Zombie Command
Twitter | Facebook
chief brody
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by chief brody »

Hi to all the newbies,
Hope you all enjoy your first Frightfest, dont forget our favourite watering hole is The Pheonix, hope to see many of you there over the Frightfest period. When you get to door, dont forget to metion you are with Frightfest and show you pass and sign in. Hve a good one, we will see you down the front!
"YOU"RE GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT."
bernal316
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by bernal316 »

Hi everybody

Im popping my frightfest cherry and chosing to do so with out the aid of any friends!! To be honest the closer the event gets the more im shitting myself! I have a day pass for sat and sun and will be resting my weary limbs in H10 sat and G9 sun. Im planning on bringing plenty of pic and mix so my lovely neighbours are more than welcome to dig in!

The boring stuff is im alex, i spend all day in a hood and boots and live in the oasis that is huntingdon. As for favourite horror, texas chainsaw massacre is simply one of the best films ever made!! Marilyn Burns puts in a shift that has never been rivalled. Other favourites include Haute Tension, Frontiers and house of 1000 corpses!!

Please take it easy on me and i will see you all in a few days time

P.S Try and make sure i dont drink to much as i will no doubt fall asleep and piss everyone off with some world class snoring!!
iateabee
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iateabee »

chief brody wrote:Hi to all the newbies,
Hope you all enjoy your first Frightfest, dont forget our favourite watering hole is The Pheonix, hope to see many of you there over the Frightfest period. When you get to door, dont forget to metion you are with Frightfest and show you pass and sign in. Hve a good one, we will see you down the front!
You mean, show our FrightFest pass and sign in at The Phoenix? Intriguing! Do we have a corner allocated to us or something?
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Its because its a members club after 8pm, and we will all be rocking up after the last film (around 12:30-1am)...
iateabee
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by iateabee »

Ah, I see! Thanks!
The180Curse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by The180Curse »

Ello! Already posted a "Hey!" somewhere else but seeing as this is quite active, I'd thought it would be good to break the ice here too!

My names Alex, a Crouch End gorehound/horror fan aged 17, awaiting to finally be able to LEGALLY attend FF next summer when I actually turn 18. I'm currently doing my A-Levels. Good times.

I'm obsessed with the Final Destination series (don't ask why) and have a passion for editing/directing. Perhaps one day I'll be screening my horror debut at the Empire!

Only joined yesterday, thought it would be a good idea to start early and get involved ect. I'm already excited!
Superbeasto
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Superbeasto »

Hi all!

New to the forum, although been going to the Glasgow festival the last few years.
My name's Keith, I'm 30 and play in a band (which despite a couple of releases hasn't exactly been a moneyspinner). Was a games QA Tester for 3 years until I left that to go back to college to see if I could get the programming side of things down so currently I'm toiling away at that and trying to cram the band thing in the gaps!

To be honest FF only came on my radar because they were showing Grindhouse, we decided to buy passes and it's since been an annual thing for us! Love it, really love it. Being in a room with that many people who all love horror creates a great atmosphere, and so far I've only seen 2 FF movies I didn't like (The Unborn and Field of Screams) so I see FF approval as a sign of quality! Keep meaning to make it to London, but time and money haven't allowed so far! One year (hopefully this one).

Oh, and my favorite movie is The Evil Dead, but Alien comes pretty damn close.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Hello and welcome!

Good choice in fave movies too! :D
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
jagerguy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by jagerguy »

Morning!

Being a newbie, I thought i'd take this opportunity to introduce myself to the forum.

My name's Jon, I'm 28 and spend far too much of my free time watching films and going to the cinema. I currently work in a call centre for the UK's largest electrical retailer, and plan to return to University in 2012 to begin my teaching career. But for now, I'm working to save as much cash as I can.

My favourite horror movie is Friday 13th (1980) and rightfully so I love the slasher genre so titles like Halloween, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Scream, Urban Legend, My Bloody Valentine etc are the shizzney!

Now, I've been aware of FF for a couple of years now and was going to attend last years' event but decided to go to the USA on holiday instead leaving Two very good friends of mine to go at it alone. On their return they told me how amazing it was and based on their recommendation this year will be my inauguration to the FF world. So come August, I look forward to seeing a collection of the best (and worst) of horror and sharing my passion with other like-minded folk!

Anyway, it's late (01:55am to be precise) and I have work in the morning so I should seriously think about going to bed!

I look forward to chatting with you guys!
@marvelguy on twitter
ArghZombies
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by ArghZombies »

jagerguy wrote:Morning!

Being a newbie, I thought i'd take this opportunity to introduce myself to the forum.

My name's Jon, I'm 28 and spend far too much of my free time watching films and going to the cinema. I currently work in a call centre for the UK's largest electrical retailer, and plan to return to University in 2012 to begin my teaching career. But for now, I'm working to save as much cash as I can.

My favourite horror movie is Friday 13th (1980) and rightfully so I love the slasher genre so titles like Halloween, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Scream, Urban Legend, My Bloody Valentine etc are the shizzney!

Now, I've been aware of FF for a couple of years now and was going to attend last years' event but decided to go to the USA on holiday instead leaving Two very good friends of mine to go at it alone. On their return they told me how amazing it was and based on their recommendation this year will be my inauguration to the FF world. So come August, I look forward to seeing a collection of the best (and worst) of horror and sharing my passion with other like-minded folk!

Anyway, it's late (01:55am to be precise) and I have work in the morning so I should seriously think about going to bed!

I look forward to chatting with you guys!
It was my first time at the weekender last year and it was ace, I'm sure you'll love it.
Twitter: @ArghZombies
jagerguy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by jagerguy »

ArghZombies wrote:It was my first time at the weekender last year and it was ace, I'm sure you'll love it.
I'm sure too. Should be a good weekend!
@marvelguy on twitter