Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Re: Newbies!

Post by kimblebee »

Ah welcome Max and Zoe :) You're going to enjoy every minute - even if you can't see the films yet, but you know that means that you'll be the first ones in the queue for autographs from all the big stars :)
HorrorMovieADay
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by HorrorMovieADay »

Hi folks, my name is Brian Collins (aka BC) and I'm from Los Angeles. Making my first ever trip out of the country (excluding Canada) to come to this years FF. Very excited.

I write for Bloody Disgusting and Horror Movie A Day, which is fun. Some of you may have disagreed with one of my reviews!

Also, I am not particularly rich, so I was trying to find a hostel to stay in as opposed to a regular (pricier) hotel - anyone know of any in the immediate area (half mile or less)? This is a big dent in my finances but I figure I can't call myself a horror fan any longer without going to Frightfest. That said, I'm looking to cut spending wherever possible. I tried finding some with google and the like but since I'm completely unfamiliar with the area I find myself saying "oh this one sounds like it might be nearby" and then I see its like 3-4 miles away. Figure I can just ask the experts :).

Looking forward to meeting you folks!

BC
Daily Horror Movie Reviews @ http://www.horrormovieaday.com
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Hey Brian,

I was going to mention High Holbon Halls but see you already found it on the other thread...

Welcome!
HorrorMovieADay
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by HorrorMovieADay »

Yes, thanks! Probably should have looked around more before posting :)

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks at this delicious HHH breakfast I keep hearing about! :wink:
Daily Horror Movie Reviews @ http://www.horrormovieaday.com
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

A special 5 day diet of coco pops, toasted jammed muffins and extra phallus looking bananas is heading your way, "Om nom nom" i do believe.

Also, welcome :)

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
Tindie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Tindie »

Hello everyone, new to the forum but a long time horror fan,
I am thinking of going to the frightfest this year but its 50/50 at the moment

i need to know about ticket price, is it £150 that pays for Thursday 26th to Monday 30th August 2010?

Two of those movie i would love to see and i can not wait to Hatchet 2 trailer which should be out soon.
sherbetbizarre
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by sherbetbizarre »

Tindie wrote:i need to know about ticket price, is it £150 that pays for Thursday 26th to Monday 30th August 2010?
It sure does!
Outsider
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Outsider »

Hi everyone, this will be my first trip to FF. After years of wanting to go and putting it off I've finally taken the plunge and will be making the trip down.

I love horror, probably due to my parents spending most of the late '70s/early '80s at the cinema watching slasher films throughout the night. I Spit On Your Grave was their idea of a date movie, which must be why I turned out the way I did. :wink:

Earliest horror memory: being stuck at my aunties' house on a hot summer day while my cousin watched all the Nightmare on Elm Street films back to back with the curtains closed. I was about 6.

Fave films: Candyman (STILL the best Clive Barker adaptation), Psycho, The Devil's Rejects, Braindead.

Looking forward to seeing some great films and meeting some great people,

Peter.
riotsarah
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by riotsarah »

Hey,
I'm Sarah - I'm pretty much certain I'm coming to Frightfest this year. Gonna buy the ticket and book the accommodation on payday so I can't chicken out! I'm a solo virgin too, hopefully stopping at HHH. I have mindbogglingly never heard of Frightfest before but I'm already hooked and have to go.

I have an unrequited zombiemanchild crush on Jason Voorhees and thus Friday 13th is my favourite film series of all time. I also love Cherry Falls, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hostel II (come on, you do too...), kitsch tongue in cheek horror films and those awful made for TV miniseries about serial killers named after the person in question (such as Ed Geins, Dahmer and Bundy).

I nearly cried at the Halloween II remake and to this day I can't get my head around the appeal of Nightmare on Elm Street.

I am THIS excited about I Spit On Your Grave. <---------------------------->, if <--> is how much I hate Bono.

Looking forward to August!

Sar
xx
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Welcome Peter and Sarah, we hope you enjoy yourselves! :mrgreen:

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
AnotherSchmuck
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by AnotherSchmuck »

Guys it was my first last year and I loved it, I come solo to the event and its cool as everyone is very awesome, so soak it up and let the chills begin...
"Horror films don't create fear. They release it." – Wes Craven

Instagram - timothyrobinparsons
Twitter - @AnotherSchmuck
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I'm sort of a newbie, I went to FrightFest last year but it was only for the day so I'm not 100% on everything that goes on. I'm going for the full 5 days this year with my very best mate Simmie.

I'm a part-time photographer with a full-time job as a credit controller.

I love horror films, I don't mind watching comedies but if it was life or death, it would be a horror film any day. I can be very hypo if I'm in a really happy mood and can on occassion, make a high pitched girly noise (this is not very often thought lol).

I got married in March but I've been with my hubby for just over 9 years now.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

Hi all My name is Joe, 32 from West Sussex (although originally from the north east) and this will be my first Fright Fest event.
Sadly I can only make one day (Friday) this year due to that old classic "other commitments" Even more sadly I will be attending on my own but everyone seems freindly so i hope to make some new horror mad freinds!

My earliest horror experience (old copies of the scream comics, the drac pac and scooby doo cartoons aside) was the videos my friends young irresponsible uncle used to bring when he babysat in the late 80s mostly hammer but the odd 80s slasher.
That kick started me on the horror road

Some faves are the Wickerman (i think its obvious i mean the original isnt it gang?!) The Devil Rides out, The friday the 13th series, Tenebrae, The Burning, Scream, The EVil Dead, The Brotherhood of the Wolf, Event Horizon, Romero's Trilogy of the dead and this maybe be zombie heresy but i loved the dawn of the dead remake.
Some other non horror faves: Predator, Alien, Kevin Smiths films.

Big fan of music (most kinds), sports, sci-fi, comedy, science, comics and most things of a slightly geeky nature.

Hope to meet some of you and cant wait for FF
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
maxmum
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by maxmum »

Hello and welcome!

See you soon!
Thanks for the ride, sir.
You have lovely sheep.

@patricidalpup
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Welcome to all of you - make yourselves at home on the forum (and the festival of course) and don't be afraid to say hi to us all over the FF weekend! At least with the new avatars you can put some names to faces, making us easier to spot come August :-) Only 23 days left!