Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
soulmining
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Newbies!

Post by soulmining »

Welcome James! I remember those 'Black Sunday' events too... good times.
First things first, stay calm.
krispyg
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore
Location: Failsworth - it's midway between Oldham and Manchester

Post by krispyg »

All these things I missed out on, not good....
"With all your superstitions
And empty lines
I could be just like you
Withdrawn but alive"
refuseliam
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by refuseliam »

Hey everyone! My name is Liam from South Yorkshire and this will be my first Fright Fest event. I've just booked accommodation at the travel lodge in Covent Garden. Will be attending the festival by myself, but reading the forums everyone seems to be a lovely bunch of people, so i'm a little nervous and excited at the same time.

I'm 24 years old, I'll be 25 this month ... time goes so quickly. My first horror movie experience was peering down from our landing floor and watching 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)' when I was five years old. The movie traumatized me for life and began my addiction for all things horror!

My favourite horror movies have to be; Basket Case (1982), Child's Play (1988), Last House on the Left (1972) and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre II (1986). I'm also a huge Troma fan. With Tromeo & Juliet (1996) being my favourite movie of all time and I also enjoy Charles Band's efforts from Full Moon Pictures, during the 'Paramount Pictures era'.

I'm attending Met Film School in London this September, which I'm looking forward to. I also hope to shoot more short films this year too. I'm so excited for the festival that I'll also be joining the 'sleepy queue' in the early hours of Saturday morning! :D
Add me on Facebook (I'm a social networking whore); http://www.facebook.com/refuseliam
MaxRenn
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by MaxRenn »

refuseliam wrote:Hey everyone! My name is Liam from South Yorkshire and this will be my first Fright Fest event. I've just booked accommodation at the travel lodge in Covent Garden. Will be attending the festival by myself, but reading the forums everyone seems to be a lovely bunch of people, so i'm a little nervous and excited at the same time.
Hey Liam, welcome. 2008 was my first FF and I went alone to that one too, there's no need to be nervous you will never attend a friendlier or more open film festival in my opinion. Look forward to seeing you when August comes around.
There is no delight the equal of dread

http://twitter.com/MaxRenn

http://letterboxd.com/maxrenn/

Blog: http://www.chrisandphilpresent.co.uk/blogs/spectacularoptical/
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

Welcome to FrightFest Liam. I've been going since the start in 2000. Met some great people who are always fun to talk to. My advice is just keep chatting on the forum and see what people are doing come 26th of Aug.

Also add yourself to the facebook FrightFest profile etc.

See you in 112 days!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

Don't believe Zappa.... he was on the phone to his wife and tried to take advantage of moi during my first FF year... :( :( :( :( :( :(

I felt so violated!
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
zappa fan
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by zappa fan »

I put it down to mixed signals from the Big Red Doggie!
LAST FILM- Turistas 2006
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's just hilarious." - Bill Hicks

twitter @nottsey
Letterboxd nottsey
Instagram nottsey
refuseliam
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by refuseliam »

Thank you for the welcome everyone :D ! I hope Darren Lynn Bousman's 'Mother's Day' remake appears on the line up this year.
Add me on Facebook (I'm a social networking whore); http://www.facebook.com/refuseliam
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

refuseliam wrote: I hope Darren Lynn Bousman's 'Mother's Day' remake appears on the line up this year.
^Me too! And a big hello. It's also my first trip down for the FF but everyone here seems really nice so you've really no worries :)
looneygooner
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by looneygooner »

I'm Looneygooner been going to fright fest for five years, I drive lorries for a living and serial killing always seems to be on my mind with thoughts of chocolate bars when driving
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by Pukka »

Hi looneygooner
Serial killing is fine, as long as it helps take your mind of choccy bars whilst driving. Choccy bars+driving = fat belly, fat bum!
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

Hello to all newbies! If you know someone who is new to Frightfest this year (or who maybe is a veteran FFer but a forum virgin), why not get them to post in this thread and introduce themselves - a great way to get to know who you might be sitting next to! :-)
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by Satans Puppy »

zappa fan wrote:I put it down to mixed signals from the Big Red Doggie!
Sure, Blame the victim!!! :( :lol:
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Welcome all and much love to all also!

<3

:mrgreen:

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
scrobble
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by scrobble »

Image Image

I'm Zoё Clementine and this is my brother, Max Argento. We were new during last year's Frightfest and are hoping to come this year. Sadly, Mum and Dad won't let us watch any films yet, so we'll have to be content to mill around outside with the FF-ers and wait another 17 and a bit years to come to the festival proper :D
If you cut off my head, what would I say... Me and my head, or me and my body? What right has my head to call itself me?