Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
Satans Puppy
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Re: Newbies!

Post by Satans Puppy »

Hi all,

You all make me feel warm and gooey inside... :)

Welcome to frightfest....
[url=http://www.peopleofifrit.net/]Puppy's Blog! Yes Indeed... updated regularly[/url]

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] This post may contain... more than likely contains an idiotic comment, feel free to ignore and move on :D
batterseablue
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by batterseablue »

Howdy! Yeah I'm a newbie, been meaning to come for years but was never around on the bank holiday (I know I know...wrong priorities!) Been to 'Dead by Dawn' a couple of times now tis time for the big one...Really looking forward to it. I'm a freelance graphics person which is ok sometimes but not very busy at the mo. Favourite films, 'The Thing, Alien, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (v excited!), Night of the Demon (Jacques Tourneur), The Fog, Day of the Dead, Just Before Dawn, Friday the 13th Part II, Switchblade Romance, Rec, Xtro (only kidding ;-). It'll be great to meet you all! BTW what's the Frightfesters boozer of choice in the area? Ian :-)
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

The Phoenix :-)
batterseablue
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by batterseablue »

Thanks very much! Does that go for gratuitous lunchtime drinking too? ;-)
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

batterseablue wrote:Thanks very much! Does that go for gratuitous lunchtime drinking too? ;-)

Wouldn't that get in the way of watching the movies?
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

there is also the Crobar if you like heavy metal and rock music that is only a few minutes walk away. They have a great cocktail list lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
kimblebee
Braaaains!
Braaaains!

Post by kimblebee »

I might pop along to the Crobar at some point over the weekend - sounds fun :-)
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

I've never been there but I've spoken to people that have and it sounds brilliant, check it put at www.crobar.co.uk
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

streetrw wrote:
batterseablue wrote:Thanks very much! Does that go for gratuitous lunchtime drinking too? ;-)

not if there's a film showing that you don't want to see
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
batterseablue
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by batterseablue »

Thanks very much everyone! I'm not intending on missing anything I want to see, but there might be the possibility for the odd daytime sharpener! ;-)
streetrw
Frightfest Hardcore
Frightfest Hardcore

Post by streetrw »

**suzy** wrote:
streetrw wrote:

not if there's a film showing that you don't want to see
At FrightFest, there's never a film I don't want to see. (Unless I decide to duck out of I Spit On Your Grave and go see The Expendables or something instead.)
http://streetrw.blogspot.com - For all your occasional film rambling needs.
http://twitter.com/streetrw - For when you really need to know what I had for breakfast.

AND NOW: SKYPE!
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

not if there's a film showing that you don't want to see[/quote]

At FrightFest, there's never a film I don't want to see. (Unless I decide to duck out of I Spit On Your Grave and go see The Expendables or something instead.)[/quote]

There's a few that I don't want to see and with the amount of breaks there are between films, I'd rather get fresh air/something to eat than sit int he cinema that watch a film I don't want to see. But if you do go to The Expendables lol come find me coz I really want to see that lol
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
shaundunne
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by shaundunne »

Newbie here.

Names Shaun and when I am not working hard as a Web Developer(Including today...pft) I like to make youtube film reviews + fiml related stuff. I started a blog (Cinetalk) at the beginning of this year and things are going well. I intend on reviewing EVERY film I see this year at FrightFest (Ive planned on seeing 23) would love some of you veteran FrightFesters and Newbies to be involved in the video reviews if you want to.

Favourite Horror films include:
Dawn of the Dead (Original)
Halloween
Friday the 13th Parts 1,3,6 and 7
Demons

Saw the human centipede this year and loved it. Have something of a guilty pleasure for the first 3 Saw movies. Love Argento.

Feel free to bug me in A9.
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

Welcome Shaun, I'll help you out if with the reviews, I'm hoping on seeing most of the films but there's one or two I'm not going to bother going to.
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
shaundunne
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by shaundunne »

**suzy** wrote:Welcome Shaun, I'll help you out if with the reviews, I'm hoping on seeing most of the films but there's one or two I'm not going to bother going to.
Cool. Look out for me.