Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
simmie
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: Newbies!

Post by simmie »

Last year, was the first year that me and suzy did the whole weekend, and it was awsome!!
It was great to spend the best part of week with people who have the same interests as you, oh and the films....
cant forget the films!!
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

simmie wrote:Last year, was the first year that me and suzy did the whole weekend, and it was awsome!!
It was great to spend the best part of week with people who have the same interests as you, oh and the films....
cant forget the films!!
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
The180Curse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by The180Curse »

This year will be my first time. Going to FrightFest has been a dream of mine for years, as I've been too young to attend until now. But I'm finally about to turn 18, and I can proudly say my tickets are booked and I'm going for the full weekend. I'm a huge Final Destination fan-and this year FD5 is premiering on opening night, so I can't bloody wait!

I'm GG 49 :wink:
Doctor Smirnoff
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Doctor Smirnoff »

Hello Everyone!

Excited to be going to this year's festival. Was at the Hatchet 2 showing last year and the atmosphere was great. Booked Thursday and Friday this year with a few mates.

Just joined the forums and look forward to sharing views on the line-up and the festival! :D
Kris
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Kris »

And we shall see you for 5 days next year
Horror fan and avid tea drinker, to discuss the merits of all of the Friday the 13th movies over a nice cup of Assam. Contributor to http://www.realreelscares.com
xBIGJOEx
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by xBIGJOEx »

welcome aboard folks. last year was my first time at Frightfest and i went for one day, this year i was hoping to go for the full 5 but life has got in the way so i am only going friday and saturday this year, still one more day than last year!
You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
plushroom
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by plushroom »

Darn I just did this on the introductions thread in the general area! Does that mean I've got to do it again? Because I want to go back to bed!
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

The180Curse wrote:This year will be my first time. Going to FrightFest has been a dream of mine for years, as I've been too young to attend until now. But I'm finally about to turn 18, and I can proudly say my tickets are booked and I'm going for the full weekend. I'm a huge Final Destination fan-and this year FD5 is premiering on opening night, so I can't bloody wait!

I'm GG 49 :wink:
That's wicked dude, glad to hear you are getting to come after so long waiting. You're going to have a brilliant time
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
**suzy**
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by **suzy** »

xBIGJOEx wrote:welcome aboard folks. last year was my first time at Frightfest and i went for one day, this year i was hoping to go for the full 5 but life has got in the way so i am only going friday and saturday this year, still one more day than last year!
Simmie and I did that, we went for the day in 2009 and loved it so much that we went for the whole 5 days last and doing the same this year. Going for the whole 5 days it brilliant, I wouldn't have it any other way
Suzy
xx

twitter - @suzy_bear_
plushroom
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by plushroom »

Now I've had some sleep I shall attempt to introduce myself.

I'm Stacey, 24 and a bit weird. I work as an Activities Coordinator in a care home and am studying psychology and criminology with the Open University. I LOVE horror (obviously or I wouldn't be here) and sci-fi, literature, photography, video games, comic books and music.

Current favourite horror flick is Videodrome because I just watched it again earlier but I'm a fickly madam when it comes to these sort of things and it'll probably have changed by the end of the night, planning to fit in Lost Boys and I Saw The Devil before bed so who knows what my favourite will be later on.

I've always wanted to come to Frightfest but between studies and being unemployed for a depressing amount of time a couple of years back I never could. This year I've got myself a day ticket for my 25th birthday and am coming alone as most of my friends are either busy or not really that into horror to join me (Though I will know one person there, not that I'll recognise him without his sodding pennywise costume on :lol: ) Cannot wait to see Tucker & Dale vs Evil on the big screen as I've watched it a good few times from my harddrive so far (naughty I know but stumbled across it online months ago and watched it out of curiousity). Looking forward to all the flicks, meeting tons of lovely horror fans and probably getting lost on my way to Holborn Halls because my sense of direction sucks.

So hi everyone, nice to meet you!
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Nametags are a must this year.

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
plushroom
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by plushroom »

Maniacal wrote:Nametags are a must this year.
I already have to wear a name tag for work, don't make me do it on my day off! :lol:
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

What if you could make one? Full of red glitter for sparkley blood and popped balloons to represent guts?

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
plushroom
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by plushroom »

Maniacal wrote:What if you could make one? Full of red glitter for sparkley blood and popped balloons to represent guts?
Could I not just smear fake blood on my face to distinguish myself from others? Not that anyone has ever mixed me up with anyone else ever!
DJBenz
-----
-----

Post by DJBenz »

First time at Frightfest for me too, coming for the whole shebang and covering it for my website (see sig below). Last time I was at any kind of film fest in London it was Shock Around the Clock ('89) and Splatterfest ('90) both at The Scala when it was an actual proper cinema. Damn that makes me feel old...

Looking forward to a great weekend. :D