Newbies!

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

EvilAsh wrote:
Darkly Noon wrote:Well, this will be my first FF too. As usual, I couldn't afford to go, but I was so keen to that I signed up as a volunteer! :D Luckily they were happy to have me.

Am especially looking forward to seeing (if I can) Heartless, I Sell The Dead, House Of The Devil, Trick R Treat and Beware The Moon. Should all be a good craic though :wink:
I didnt know they were taking on new helpers! I would have loved the chance to help out, most be a lot going on this year if they need extra hands to help the Lovelies
Advertised on 20 July apparently
http://www.mandy.com/1/jobs3.cfm?v=34131121
philwheat
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by philwheat »

I'm a newbie in all sense of the word. Jut signed up to the forums AND it's my first Frightfest... Covering it for my blog and a couple of other websites, really looking forward to the experience.
Matt Nefarious
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Matt Nefarious »

Yeah, me too actually. Been meaning to go for ages but money and circumstance have always did that thing they do to prevent so many of the better things in life from happening.

Anyway, I'll be covering it for my website too http://www.nefariousfilms.com
Hoping to do some filmed stuff too, just talking to fans and stuff really and trying to get a sense of the occasion across.

Does anybody know if that will be a problem?
Come to www.nefariousfilms.com for all (well, several) of your horror needs!
Pestilence
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by Pestilence »

Matt Nefarious wrote:Yeah, me too actually. Been meaning to go for ages but money and circumstance have always did that thing they do to prevent so many of the better things in life from happening.

Anyway, I'll be covering it for my website too http://www.nefariousfilms.com
Hoping to do some filmed stuff too, just talking to fans and stuff really and trying to get a sense of the occasion across.

Does anybody know if that will be a problem?
That's something I'd like to know as well. I've offered to do a report for a rather high-profile genre website lacking in UK coverage, and they are very enthusiastic about it.

I have a weekend pass ready to rock, but no press pass/credentials sorted. If one of the organisers could answer it'd be much appreciated, but will it be a problem if I'm swanning around with my trusty Olympus trying to get a few words and pictures from people?
Giz
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by Giz »

Probably worth messaging Iomega or Team banzai,there seems to be a lot of you amateur journo's this year!
Feed her!
philwheat
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by philwheat »

How does collecting your weekend pass work? The email says you only need the reference/order number but I've been told you also need the card they were purchased with? Small problem: I didn't use my card to buy my ticket!
DavieT
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by DavieT »

Phil, print out your email with your reference number on it and take it to the box office to get your ticket. This is what I did and it worked fine for me.
dangerous_jamie
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by dangerous_jamie »

Pestilence wrote: I have a weekend pass ready to rock, but no press pass/credentials sorted. If one of the organisers could answer it'd be much appreciated, but will it be a problem if I'm swanning around with my trusty Olympus trying to get a few words and pictures from people?
I am planning to do something very similar, I've bobbed emails out to some of the guesters to see if they can spare me some time but its mostly gonna be grabbing someone while they are outside revelling.

I hope this doesn't offend folks.
Beauty is in the eye of the tiger.
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

Another newbie here. haven't done the festival in any form before. Thought I'll just jump straight in to weekend craziness.

My name is Peter. I'm from Swansea in Wales. Any other Welsh FrightFesters on here? I'm 32 years old and look about 18 hence the screen name. :D I work as a croupier in Grosvenor ££, which I love.

I've been a horror fan since about the age of four when I used to watch Hammer horror movies while sat on my grannies knee. So I've got her to thank for my love of all things morbid. Love horror in all it's forms books, movies, comics, games and I've got a little collection of Krypt Kiddies /Teddy Scares!

A few of my favourite horror movies would be: The Prophecy, Event Horizon, The Ring, Halloween and The Thing.

As for authors, I love Clive Barker, Jack Ketchum, Skipp & Spector and James Herbert (who I hope to meet at the WHC in Brighton next year). Favourite books? The Girl Next Door, OffSpring, Books of Blood (Dread being the first story that really fucked me up) The Dark and The Haunted Forest Tour.

I'm a complete comic book geek and love getting my fix of new comics every week (got my black lantern ring this week, yaye. Comics fans will know what that means :D)

I am a bedroom DJ and love to play some dark trance and techno with a kind of evil vibe. Any dance music fans on the board I'de be happy to do you a cd of some evil tunes :twisted: . I've played in a couple of clubs but I get so nervous I don't really enjoy it.

Right I've banged on long enough. That'll give you a little idea of who I am and hope to meet you guys soon.
PeterPan
Running Zombie
Running Zombie

Post by PeterPan »

Oh yes and I'm also staying at HHH, can't wait. Here I come.
VaneBlack
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by VaneBlack »

Hey All,

I'm not exacly a newbie, as I've attended in 2006 & 2008, + the 2008 all-nighter.

However this year I am intersted in being a bit more sociable inbetween films and making some luvly frightfest friends, which I've not made the effort to do before.

* :twisted: big hugs to all :twisted: *
amner
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Post by amner »

I'll just jump right in, if I may...

I'm a newbie, coming to the FF on Sunday (Dead Snow, Human Centipede and I Think We're Alone Now) and have now idea what to expect. I've done film festivals before, but they've all been relatively straitlaced so may not be the best prep for this.

I guess I just want an idea about what goes on ina nd around the inbetweenie bits before and after the movies?

Favourite horror is the old skool fifties classic, Night of the Demon.
---------------------
Cinema reviews at http://theseglorydays.wordpress.com/
Maniacal
Undead Horde
Undead Horde

Post by Maniacal »

Just a quick question about Tickets, when we get them will they be like lanyards or do we carry them around with us at all times?

Twitter: _grimgringhost
Facebook: Maniacal2011
mike108
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by mike108 »

Maniacal wrote:Just a quick question about Tickets, when we get them will they be like lanyards or do we carry them around with us at all times?
theres a nice lanyard to hang round your neck
Pukka
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Re: Newbies!

Post by Pukka »

Hi. I'm new here :) Real name James. This years FF in August 2010 will be my first. I've only been to a few horror movie fesivals in the past, namely Black Sunday (the original in Manchester) and also Film Extremes at London's Scala cinema, both events taking place late 80s early 90s.
I've been watching horror movies for as long as I can remember, possibly starting with those BBC2s double bills. Strict parents wouldn't let me watch the second movie, which were usually in colour, made in the 70s in so probably contained sex, so yeah, missed out on stuff like Night of the Lepus.
Proper introduction to horror movies was probably with The Burning :) so maybe I should count that as one of my favorites as it did give me nightmares for ages "That's the last #@!$%!# time you watch horror movies young man!!!!!!!" :lol:

There, enough about me, I'm off to read some threads.