Ticket payment options?

Have your say on what you would like to see new, changed or just kept the same at the next FrightFest.
Stevey K
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Re: Ticket payment options?

Post by Stevey K »

As said above showing the same film from one ingested DCP is not an issue

I understand the problem created by having the same films at the same time but why can't you still stagger them by 15 mins then you can have intro in each screen and a 15 min q and a at the end and they can then run to the next screen :)
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

IndianaM wrote:The only thing that concerns me about buying tickets with a preorder code/farming it out to ticket venues, is will we still be able to choose our screen and the seat that we want to sit in?

A few people have picked up on this, but I don't see how it's any more of a problem with an event/ticketing venue than it is using the cinema's own site. Any event with seating I've ever booked for/with, including large ticket seller sites, has given me the option of choosing my seating arrangements. I'm sure it wouldn't be beyond the wit of man for the ticket seller sites to code in some seating 'rules' depending on the type of seat purchased - after all, don't the team allocate banks of seating against certain ticket types anyway? So if Rows D-M in Screen 4 are day pass, you choose the row/seat(s) you want, and Bob's your uncle, they're yours for the day because they're allocated to that sort of pass.
thatcambridgebird
Walking Dead
Walking Dead

Post by thatcambridgebird »

Stevey K wrote:Having some kind of password for forum users seems to me potentially even more 'elitist' than the sleepy queue. So if I'm not a forum regular I don't get to go - having attended every fest since it started :-)

I wasn't clear in my suggestion. The password is time-boxed, so would only be usable for a presale period, say 24 hours before the main sale starts.

It just gives a little something back to attendees who are keen to go and who lap up information on the forums - and why shouldn't the fans who make an effort to keep informed be given a little reward, even something as small as getting to choose a decent seat/screen slightly earlier? Whether that seems elitist is personal opinion. After all, I only heard about the sleepy queue through here - it's not advertised as a 'common' way to get hold of tickets for the average punter looking for something to do on a bank holiday afternoon ;)

FWIW, I'm not and never have been a sleepy queue-r. I've always just tried to get the best I can on usual sale day - I know it's not Glastonbury, 20 minute sell-out levels, but having the option of choosing a bit earlier than the rest of Joe Public would be lovely!